The American Automobile Association (AAA) runs their holiday Free Tipsy Tow Home service on certain holidays and big events (like Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year’s Eve) for anyone in Northern California, Nevada, and Utah. If you’re drinking and don’t think you should drive, give them a call.
Write the number down and keep it in your car’s glove box:
Just tell the AAA operator, “I need a Tipsy Tow,” and a truck will be on its way.
You don’t have to be a AAA member to call (and neither does your tipsy friend), because the Tipsy Tow program is open to everyone. They offer a free five-mile tow home for drinking drivers and their vehicles, including potential passengers, party hosts, bartenders, and restaurant managers.
WHAT: AAA Tipsy Tow Program free tows home on 2013 holidays. You’ll need to put in your zip code.
WHERE: Northern California (including the San Francisco Bay Area), Nevada, and Utah.
WHEN: AAA provides its Tipsy Tow service for the following holidays in 2013 …
- Super Bowl: 6:00 p.m. Sunday– 6:00 a.m. Monday
- St. Patrick’s Day: 6:00 p.m. March 17th – 6:00 a.m. March 18th
- Cinco de Mayo: 6:00 p.m. May 5th – 6:00 a.m. May 6th
- Memorial Day: 6:00 p.m. Monday – 6:00 a.m. Tuesday
- Independence Day: 6:00 p.m. July 4th – 6:00 a.m. July 5th
- Labor Day: 6:00 p.m. Monday – 6:00 a.m. Tuesday
- Halloween: 6:00 p.m. October 31st – 6:00 a.m. November 1st
- Thanksgiving: 6:00 p.m. Thursday – 6:00 a.m. Friday
- Christmas Eve: 6:00 p.m. December 24th – 6:00 a.m. December 25th
- New Year’s Eve: 6:00 p.m. December 31st – 6:00 a.m. January 1st