The American Automobile Association (AAA) runs their holiday Free Tipsy Tow Home service on certain holidays and big events (like Superbowl Sunday and Saint Patrick’s Day) for anyone in Northern California, Nevada, and Utah. If you’re drinking and don’t think you should drive, give them a call.
Write the number down and keep it in your car’s glove box:
Just tell the AAA operator, “I need a Tipsy Tow,” and a truck will be on its way.
You don’t have to be a AAA member to call (and neither does your tipsy friend), because the Tipsy Tow program is open to everyone. They offer a free five-mile tow home for drinking drivers and their vehicles, including potential passengers, party hosts, bartenders, and restaurant managers.
WHAT: AAA Tipsy Tow Program free tows home on 2012 holidays.
WHERE: Northern California (including the San Francisco Bay Area), Nevada, and Utah.
WHEN: AAA provides its Tipsy Tow service for the following holidays in 2012 …
- Super Bowl: 6:00 p.m. Sunday, February 5th – 6:00 a.m. Monday, February 6th
- St. Patrick’s Day: 6:00 p.m. Saturday, March 17th – 6:00 a.m. Sunday, March 18th
- Cinco de Mayo: 6:00 p.m. Saturday, May 5th – 6:00 a.m. Sunday, May 6th
- Memorial Day: 6:00 p.m. Monday, May 28th – 6:00 a.m. Tuesday, May 29th
- Independence Day: 6:00 p.m. Wednesday, July 4th – 6:00 a.m. Thursday, July 5th
- Labor Day: 6:00 p.m. Monday, September 3rd – 6:00 a.m. Tuesday, September 4th
- Halloween: 6:00 p.m. Wednesday, October 31st – 6:00 a.m. Thursday, November 1st
- Thanksgiving: 6:00 p.m. Thursday, November 22nd – 6:00 a.m. Friday, November 23rd
- Christmas Eve: 6:00 p.m. Monday, December 24th – 6:00 a.m. Tuesday, December 25th
- New Year’s Eve: 6:00 p.m. Monday, December 31st – 6:00 a.m. Tuesday, January 1st