From time to time we give away tickets free so you can have even more fun in California. Some are only available to our email subscribers. (You can subscribe here.)
If you’d like to sponsor the next giveaway, please use the contact form below.
Win Free Stuff
Check back soon for the next savvy giveaway contest and win free stuff so you can have even more fun in Savvy California.
Giveaways that Got Away
You missed these! But here’s the type of thing you can expect on the next go round. Check back often.
- Two pair of San Francisco Giants Tickets: Win free tickets to the Los Angeles Dodgers vs. San Francisco Giants game at AT&T Park in San Francisco; and two tickets to the Boston Red Sox vs. Oakland Athletics at The Oakland Coliseum, with section upgrades (courtesy of SF Giants).
- Two tickets to the Golden State Warriors game. These free Warriors tix are good Lower Level seats (Section 124 Row 6), a $95 value for each ticket. Plus, you’ll also get an autographed t-shirt (courtesy of the Golden State Warriors).
- SF Playhouse: Win a pair of theater tickets to see the current show (courtesy of SF Playhouse).
- California Academy of Sciences: Four free general admission tickets to the California Academy of Sciences, good any day of your choice for up to a year. See all the exhibits with these tickets, including the Rain Forest and Planetarium. Total value $120.
- SF Playhouse: Win two tickets to the current show at SF Playhouse in San Francisco (courtesy of SFPlayhouse.org).
- Four weekend passes to Savor Sonoma Valley. Win 2 tickets (value $110) to the annual Savor Sonoma event. The value of each pass is $55, a total value of $110 for each wine-loving winner. Sonoma Valley Wineries will showcase their vintage wines straight from the barrels, sampling new releases, and offering award-winning wines paired perfectly with culinary creations prepared by local chefs and restaurants.
- Macy’s Gift Card: Use the card as a stocking stuffer or selfish splurge (I’ll never tell). Total value $50.
- Harlem Globetrotters: Four free lower level tickets to the game at HP Pavilion at San Jose. Total value $135. (Courtesy of HP Pavilion.)
- Handel’s Messiah: Two Tickets to the holiday concert with the San Francisco Symphony on December 16. Total Value $75.
- “A Midnight in Paris” New Year’s Eve Party: Two Tickets to the NYE event at the Julia Morgan Ballrooms in San Francisco on 12/31. Total Value $40.
- David Sedaris’s Santaland Diaries: Two tickets free to the show at the Eureka Theatre in San Francisco on December 27, 8pm. Total Value $30.
- CuriOddysey: Admission for four to Coyote Point Museum in San Mateo’s beautiful Coyote Point Recreation Area. Total value up to $32. (Courtesy of: Coyote Point Museum)
- SFPlayhouse Tickets to Coraline: Win tickets to see the West Coast premiere of the musical Coraline at the SF Playhouse. Based on Neil Gaiman’s best selling novel and featuring a score by Stephin Merritt the indie band The Magnetic Fields, Coraline is “Beetlejuice Meets Broadway”! For more information, visit SFPlayhouse.org.
- Two Platinum Behind-the-Scenes Tours at California Academy of Sciences: Go beyond the public exhibit spaces for an all access, exclusive, up-close-and-personal look at the greenest museum on Earth — free. This two-hour tour takes you behind the scents for an in-depth look at areas not open to the general public. Value $198.
- TaskRabbit $100 Voucher: Get your errands and other to-do’s out of the way (for free). Suggested tasks: Rides to airport for summer trips; assembling furniture; standing in line for tickets or a new tech gadget; delivering Goodwill donations; buying pet food and dropping it off … the possibilities are endless.
- Two pair of Tickets to the Fantasticks: Win tickets to the world’s longest running musical, The Fantasticks, sponsored by SF Playhouse – SFPlayhouse.org. See the production that has the SF Chronicle “man in the chair” applauding and KGO Radio and the SF Examiner calling a “don’t miss” show.
- Four tickets to the Summer Dance Carousel: Family Dance Performance: Win tickets to the performance at Smithwick Theatre in Los Altos Hills. This young dance company will take your family on a ride to the enchanted world of fairy tales and magical folklore in the glorious Russian ballet tradition, featuring principal dancers of the San Jose Ballet and performances by students from the Bayer Ballet Academy.”
- Two pair of tickets to California Academy of Sciences AND a copy of the new Cal Academy picture book Pierre the Penguin – A True Story, by Jean Marzollo, illustrated by Laura Regan, and published by Sleeping Bear Press. Back by popular demand, the June giveaway was sponsored by the California Academy of Sciences in Golden Gate Park, San Francisco.
- Two pair of tickets to the hit comedy play Slasher” at the SF Playhouse. “Slasher” takes a behind-the-scenes look at the making of a low-budget slasher flick. Filled with killer chainsaws and a ski-masked villain, you’ll laugh and scream at “Slasher”. For info about this intimate, professional theatre at San Francisco’s Union Square, go to: SFPlayhouse.org.
- Ten Tickets to California Academy of Sciences: These tickets get you into to every exhibit at California Academy of Sciences in Golden Gate Park, San Francisco. This giveaway coincided with the new Extreme Mammals exhibit. These tickets generally go for $24.95 each (but you get them at our special rate, and skip the line).
- One Deluxe Spa Package at Mais Oui Massage & Spa in Napa. You’ll receive a 50 minute massage, 25 minute herbal facial and 25 minute body scrub — a total of 100 minutes and value of $100. To find something similar in the Napa Valley you’d typically have to pay $140 to $200, so this Mais Oui Massage & Spa package is always a great bargain to buy (and they also offer a couples Deluxe Package.)
- Two Fisherman’s Wharf Pass Books. Play tourists for a couple days and enjoy your choice of popular Fisherman’s Wharf tours and attractions, like Acquarium of the Bay, Blue & Gold Fleet Bay Cruise Adventure, and the S.S. Jeremiah O’Brien. You can choose six things to do from the list of activities. Fisherman’s Wharf Pass books sell for $61 each (2 for $122). This is already a great deal — if you bought two Fisherman’s Warf Passes you’d already be saving up to $84.
- A $50 Gift Certificate from Goldstar. Think of this one as almost $100 total value, since Goldstar offers mostly 50% off tickets to dozens of Bay area concerts, shows and sports events. You can spend the $50 on half-price tickets to Cirque du Soliel Ovo in San Jose, Wicked in San Francisco, spring training baseball in Oakland, or whatever you like.
- Two Electric Bike Tours from the San Francisco Electric Tour Company. Take a 3-hour electric bike Tour from SF across the Golden Gate to Sausalito with return by Ferry. The tour features the new UltraMotor A2B electric bikes with “Power On Demand” so you can choose between pedaling, electric motor power, or both. Total value of $140.
- Two 3-day Go San Francisco Cards from Smart Destinations. Each of these cards gets you into more than 50 SF Bay Area attractions, including California Academy of Sciences, Six Flags, and lots of Napa and Sonoma wine tasting tours. The regular price is $199.98 for the two. (If you don’t win, you can get them for 15% Off until February 25.)
- Four tickets to the California Academy of Sciences – These general admission tickets include every exhibit in the entire facility — the planetarium, the rainforest dome, the whole amazing experience. These tickets generally go for $24.95 each, total value $99.80 (unless you get them at our special rate).
- Two CityPASS Booklets. CityPass gives you admission to several San Francisco attractions in San Francisco and many other cities. CityPASS is always a great option for visitors wanting to get half off all the popular attractions.
- Two tickets to The Eagles Concert at HP Pavilion, San Jose. This concert takes place in April. These are Section 115 lower level seats, a $90 each $180 total value. (If you didn’t win you can still get tickets by clicking the link.)
- Two tickets to the Alicia Keys concert at Oracle Arena, Oakland – These are Lower Level seats valued at $81 each plus fees for a total value of $198.60. The Alicia Keys Concert is in April. (If you didn’t win you can still get tickets by clicking the link.)
- Two VIP 3 Day tickets to Outside Lands: Pearl Jam, Dave Matthews Band, Tenacious D. at HP Pavilion in San Jose worth more than $1,200.
- Two VIP Priority Passes to see the Offspring perform at the Samsung Summer Krush – The concert is free, but this gives you VIP access so you avoid the mobs.
- Cirque du Soleil KOOZA: Two tickets to KOOZA, or deal credit of $200, your choice.
- Goldstar $150: Up for grabs — Three winners get $50 credit to spend on half price tickets to theater, sports, attractions, family activities and more.
Want to sponsor a giveaway?
Please leave a private message via the contact page.