San Francisco’s Asian Art Museum is one of the largest museums in the Western world devoted exclusively to Asian art. A walk through their Asian doorway transports you through 6,000 years of history, and across seven major regions of diverse Asian cultures.
The Asian Art Museum offers free admission, courtesy of Target, on the first sunday of every month. You’ll also find a few ways to save on admission. (See links below.)
FREE DAY: The Asian Art Museum of San Francisco Free Day – Free admission on the first Sunday of every month (with a possible surcharge for special exhibits.) Show up early before it fills up.
DEAL: $5 Thursday Nights — The Asian Art Museum is open late on Thursday nights (5-9 pm) February through September. Tickets are just $5 (reg. $12) at the door. You can enjoy the permanent exhibits with admission.
ONLINE TICKETS: Asian Art Museum Tickets — If you cant make the free days, get tickets online and save time. These print-at-home tickets are valid any day you want to go until January 31, 2015.
OTHER SAVVY WAYS TO SAVE:
- Library Pass Program: The Asian Art Museum offers free museum admission via Bay Area libraries.
- Military Discount: Active members of the U.S. Armed Forces plus up to five family members get in Free. Just show your ID at the door.
- Student Discount: SFUSD Students get in Free. Show your ID.
- The Asian Art Museum is part of the Go Select San Francisco Card. Choose any 2 or more of 31 local museums and attractions and save around 15% to 30% or more on each.
- The Asian Art Museum is part of a packaged deal when you buy a Go San Francisco Card. This discount card provides free admission to 55+ Bay Area attractions, which saves you 35 percent.
WHEN: Hours: Tuesday-Sunday 10am – 5pm. Closed Mondays. Extended hours until 9pm on Thursdays (February through September).
WHERE: Asian Art Museum of San Francisco, 200 Larkin Street, San Francisco, CA 94102 (between Fulton and McAllister Streets in the Civic Center district, across from City Hall).
STAYING OVER? If you’re visiting from out of town, check out these San Francisco hotel deals and packages.