The Bay Area Discovery Museum, in Sausalito, offers free admission on the first Wednesday of every month, but the free days can get crowded, especially during the summer months. See the current options below.
The museum also runs occasional daily deal like the one below, for half off. So if you know you’ll be looking for a fun day trip with the kids this summer, plan ahead and grab tickets now.
Located at the foot of the Golden Gate Bridge, this nationally recognized children’s museum is a one-of-a-kind indoor/outdoor family museum that offers a full range of activities for children ages 6 months to 8 years old.
FREE DAY: Bay Area Discovery Museum free days are the first Wednesday of each month, from 9am – 4pm.
DEAL: Bay Area Discovery Museum Discount Tickets 55% Off. NO LONGER AVAILABLE.
WHERE: Bay Area Discovery Museum, 557 McReynolds Road, Sausalito, CA 94965.
OTHER WAYS TO SAVE:
- Go San Francisco Card: This discount card provides free admission to 55+ Bay Area attractions including Bay Area Discovery Museum.
- Join the museum’s email list and get a coupon for $1 off your visit, up to 5 people.
- Get $1 off per visitor, up to 5 people if you’re a member of the Automobile Association of America (AAA); California Alumni Association (CAA); or KQED.
- Association of Children’s Museums (ACM) offers free reciprocal admission to members of other children’s museums, depending on your membership level. Check your membership card for the ACM sticker. Locally, reciprocal members of Habitot and Children’s Discovery Museum of San Jose receive passes good for two free visits, then $4 admission per person.
- WHEN ALL ELSE FAILS: You can buy tickets here online and save time.