Birch Aquarium at Scripps, in the San Diego area, offers a few ways to save on tickets. Birch Aquarium also offers free admission on the first weekend of every month for anyone with a BofA card (one ticket per cardholder). For other people in your party, or if you can’t make the free day, you can still save time when you get your tickets online in advance.
Military, Seniors, Children and Students get a bit of a discount on tickets, and kids 2 and under get in free. There’s a $3 off coupon available, and a tourist card that includes the attraction among other San Diego activities. You can get half price admission every February as part of San Diego Museum Month. (Details and links below.)
Birch Aquarium features sea creatures that live just off the coast of La Jolla. An interactive exhibit called Boundless Energy demonstrates the innovative natural forces of the ocean. The jellyfish and seahorses are always entertaining to young visitors. But if sharks are your thing, check out the newest exhibit, ElasmoBeach:
Meet La Jolla’s legendary leopard sharks and other species of elasmobranchs (sharks and rays) that make their home in local waters … Discover why these sharks are critical to the ocean’s health and why the area off La Jolla Shores is so important to them. Visit the aquarium at Feeding Times—Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays at 10:30 am—to see these beautiful animals in action.
WHAT: Birch Aquarium sells tickets online, including ticket discounts.
FREE DAYS: Birch Aquarium at Scripps Free Admission with any BofA Card on the first full weekend of every month. Each cardholder gets one free admission ticket.
COUPON: Birch Aquarium offers $3 Off — Sandiego.org hosts this coupon for the aquarium.
OTHER WAYS TO SAVE:
- Go San Diego Card: Birch Aquarium is free with this attraction pass.
- Military: Active Duty US Military $2 Off (show ID).
- AAA cardholders $1 Off for up to four visitors (show card).
- AARP members 25% Off for up to six visitors (show card).
- UC San Diego Free Week Sep 28 – Oct 4, 2014 (UC San Diego students, faculty, and staff).
- Birch Aquarium at Scripps offers free admission to UCSD Alumni Associates and Benefactors who present their Alumni Access Card when purchasing tickets. Limit one ticket per member, per visit.
- San Diego Museum Month – half price admission every February. To get half price tickets, you’ll need to pick up a pass at Macy’s. The free pass gets you half-off entry at 44 San Diego Museum Council membership museums in February.
WHEN: Open 7 days a week, 9am to 5pm daily. Closed Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year’s Day.
WHERE: Birch Aquarium at Scripps, 2300 Expedition Way, La Jolla, CA.
SAVVY TIP: You can park free for up to three hours in the Aquarium parking lot. If you’re staying longer, buy a parking pass in the Education Office.