The de Young Museum in San Francisco’s Golden Gate Park offers a few ways to save on visits from time to time, from daily deals to attraction passes. Plus, the de Young museum also offers a few ways to enjoy free admission. Check out the options below.
The de Young Museum has been an integral part of the cultural fabric of the city and a cherished destination for millions of residents and visitors for over 100 years. Originally founded in 1895 it reopened in 2005 in a new facility designed by Swiss architects Herzog & de Meuron. The museum showcases American art from the 17th- through 21st-centuries, contemporary art, international textiles and costumes, art from Central and South America, the Pacific and Africa.
WHAT: de Young Museum Tickets Online — $9.50, Senior $6, Youth $5. Includes admission to the permanent collections at the de Young Museum. These are “Any Day” tickets valid any day you choose until January 31, 2014. This allows you to change your mind at the last minute. (By comparison, when you get them online elsewhere you have to choose your date when you buy your tickets.)
FREE DAYS: Free Days at de Young Museum Free Days
- FREE First Tuesday — The museum’s free admission days.
- Museums On Us –The first full weekend of every month is free when you show your Bank of America or Merrill Lynch credit or debit card. (Only the cardholder gets in free.)
- MILITARY: General admission is free for all veterans and active military personnel on Veterans Day.
WHERE: de Young Museum, 50 Hagiwara Tea Garden Dr, San Francisco, CA 94118 (Inside Golden Gate Park.)
WHEN: Open Tues – Sun 9:30am – 5:15pm; Fri extended hours (Mar 28 – Nov 29, 2014) 9:30 am to 8:45 pm. Closed Mondays. Closed early on July 4 (at 4pm). Closed Thanksgiving and Christmas.
WHERE: de Young Museum, Golden Gate Park, 50 Hagiwara Tea Garden Drive, San Francisco, CA 94118.
OTHER WAYS TO SAVE:
- San Francisco CityPASS, a city discount card, provides admission to five Bay Area attraction including de Young Museum. (Special exhibits extra.) You save, even if you go to just a couple (like de Young and Cal Academy of Sciences or Aquarium of the Bay).
- Go Select San Francisco Card — This personalized to you discount card provides discounts for two or more Bay Area attractions, and de Young Museum is one of the options. Select at least two activities or attractions to see your savings (usually 15% to 30%). You have a month from first use to enjoy the card.
- Half Price Evening Mixer — Thursday evenings (6pm – 8:45pm) de Young hosts a mixer for half off at the door.
STAYING OVER? If you’re visiting the city, check out our list of San Francisco Hotel Deals near the de Young Museum.