San Jose Downtown Ice: half off deal and other discounts for 2013.
For a cool day (or night) of fun with friends and family, head over to Downtown Ice in San Jose, the one-of-a-kind circular skating rink in the Circle of Palms Plaza. You can save half off the ticket price (or a couple bucks at the gate) with the discounts listed below for the winter season.
Located in the heart of downtown San Jose, the rink is at its best after dark when lights twinkle off the 32 palms and stars shine from overhead.
The South Bay’s largest seasonal outdoor skating rink, produced by the San Jose Downtown Association, partners with Kristi Yamaguchi’s Always Dream Foundation and routinely attracts more than 100,000 people each season.
WHEN: The season runs November 15, 2013 – January 12, 2014. FYI: Downtown Ice is also open the following holidays.
- Thanksgiving: 2pm-midnight
- Christmas: 2pm-midnight
- New Year’s Eve: 11am-10pm
- New Year’s Day: 2pm-midnight
WHERE: Downtown Ice, 120 S. Market Street, San Jose CA 95113 (between the San Jose Museum of Art and the Fairmont Hotel).
SAVVY TIP: You’ll find the closest and most convenient parking to Downtown Ice at The Fairmont Plaza Garage (just off W. San Fernando Street between Market and First streets, next to the San Jose Museum of Art).
OTHER WAYS TO SAVE:
- Transit discount — $2 off with valid VTA, Light rail or Bus pass to Paseo de San Antonio Station. (Not valid with other deals).
- Aloha Fridays – Nov. 15 & 22, Dec. 6 & 13, Jan. 3 & 10 – $10 admission at the gate if you dress Hawaiian.
- Coupons — Check the El Observador and Silicon Valley Community Newspapers for 2-for-1 discounts.
- Santa Run Silicon Valley — participants skate 2-for-1 on January 6 – 12, 2013.