For a cool day (or night) of fun with friends and family, head over to Downtown Ice in San Jose, the skating rink in the Circle of Palms Plaza. You can save half off the ticket price (or a couple bucks at the gate) with the discounts listed below for the winter season. Admission includes ice time and rental skates.
“Head to Downtown Ice in downtown San Jose and experience for yourself why more than 40,000 skaters spin around the one-of-a-kind circular rink in the Circle of Palms Plaza each holiday season. Located in the heart of downtown San Jose, the rink is at its best after dark when lights twinkle off the 32 palms and stars shine from overhead.”
DEAL 1: Downtown Ice Discount Tickets 50% Off. NO LONGER AVAILABLE.
DEAL 2: Downtown Ice discounts (regular price is adult/$15, child 10 & younger $13):
- $2 off one admission with valid VTA, light rail or bus pass (offer may not be used with any other discounts). Ride to the Paseo de San Antonio Station.
- Aloha Fridays – Nov. 16 & 30; Dec. 7 & 14 and Jan. 4 & 11 – $10 admission to everyone dressed in Hawaiian attire.
- Holiday hat trick — enjoy skating at Downtown Ice ($15 value), and get admission to San Jose Museum of Art ($8 value) and The Tech Museum ($15 value) for $25, or 33 percent.
WHEN: Open daily November 16 – December 14, 2012 – January 6 – 13, 2012. FYI: Downtown Ice is also open the following holidays …
- Nov. 23, Day after Thanksgiving: 11 a.m. – midnight
- Dec. 25, Christmas: 2 p.m. – midnight
- Dec. 31, New Year’s Eve: 11 a.m. – 10 p.m.
- Jan. 1, New Year’s Day: 2 p.m. – midnight
WHERE: Downtown Ice, 120 S. Market Street, San Jose CA 95113 (between the San Jose Museum of Art and the Fairmont Hotel).
SAVVY TIP: You’ll find the closest and most convenient parking to Downtown Ice at The Fairmont Plaza Garage (just off W. San Fernando Street between Market and First streets, next to the San Jose Museum of Art).