San Francisco’s Family Kite Day 2013.
Flying a kite at the Family Day Kite Festival (August 17, 2013) is free, and so are kites for kids. The venue this year is San Francisco’s Presidio Main Parade Ground. Kids can make kites for free at the Make-a-Kite Pavilion. Kids and adults can fly them. Contests for kite-making will be called by celebrity judges. Crowd favorites are the world champion acrobatic kites, and the hand-made amateur entries are fun, too.
Event Highlights include:
- Free, open-air, eco-friendly fun for kids and families.
- Contests, kite making, and kite flying demonstrations.
- Giant kites, tiny kites, stunt kites, exotic kites.
- Kite buggies, kite boards, kite boats.
- Thousands of amateur and professional kite fliers.
WHAT: Family Day Kite Festival is Free.
WHEN: Saturday, August 17, 2013, 11am – 5pm, 11 am – 6 pm.
WHERE: Presidio Main Parade Ground, 103 Montgomery St, San Francisco, CA 94129.