The Franklin Institute is many people’s top go-to spot when they’re in Philadelphia. Best known for its iconic Giant Heart, the museum features three full floors of fun to explore, with interactive exhibits, IMAX movie theater, and live science demos that can take you all day to see.
If you’re looking for discount tickets to The Franklin Institute (skip down for my deal roundup), you can often get them for around half price, including deals for some of their special exhibits throughout the year. Plus, all daytime museum admission includes one of their popular shows in Fels Planetarium.
Kids seem to enjoy the new(ish) Changing Earth and Electricity exhibit, and the crawl-through artery. You’ll also want to check out Space Command and Sports Challenge. And if the weather is good, head up to the rooftop Joel N. Bloom Observatory for some telescopic solar observing. The popular Franklin Air Show draws crowds every year and is worth the effort.
Top Franklin Institute Ticket Deals
- The Franklin Institute Discount Tickets — Get tickets for 40% Off. Bypass the box office by getting tickets online.
- Combo Pass — Franklin Institute tickets are included with the Philadelphia CityPASS, along with seven other popular attractions, like the Adventure Aquarium and Philadelphia Zoo. With the pass you save on everything and have nine days to visit each attraction.
- Free Community Nights — Target Community Night usually takes place on the third Wednesday of every month from 5pm to 8pm. Admission is free. You’ll have access to everything at the museum. You’ll need to register when you get there (no pre-registration required). See the FI calendar for upcoming nights. You can park in their garage for a discounted rate of $6 for the evening.
- Military Discount — Show your ID at the museum and save $1.
Know Before You Go
- Official Info — The Franklin Institute website www.fi.edu.
- Address — 222 North 20th Street, Philadelphia PA 19103.
- Hours — Open 9:30am – 5pm. See all dates available with the discount after signing in with the source of this offer (via the link above).
- Where to park — The Franklin Institute has its own garage (rates from $9, max of $25, and only $6 on 3rd Wednesday Community Nights). Or, try the Standard Parking lot at 1919 Arch Street.
- Plan ahead — There’s so much to do, you may want to get there early so you can spend several hours. As soon as you get there, check the schedule so you won’t miss anything on your list of favorites.
- Avoid crowds — The museum is most crowded on spring weekdays and holiday weekends, so you might want to get there early or after noon when group tours leave (and have tickets in advance).
- Dress in layers — Some of the exhibit rooms are cold, so bring a sweater.
- To see nearby — The Franklin Institute Science Museum is located in the heart of Philadelphia, between the Schuylkill and Delaware Rivers. That means there’s plenty of things to do within walking distance.