The 36th annual Gilroy Garlic Festival (July 25 – 27, 2014) is a popular South Bay tradition billed as the “Ultimate Summer Food Fair” — three days of incredible food, beverages, arts & crafts, and live entertainment. The event includes dozens of concerts and plenty of family activities.
The Festival offers a few ways to save, including an advance online discount, a locals discount, and a military discount. Scroll down for links and deal details.
The 100,000-plus attendees will enjoy a critically acclaimed fare that features Gourmet Alley’s scampi, calamari, stuffed mushrooms, peppersteak sandwiches and pasta con pesto. The much-anticipated new addition, the Alley Wrap, is a steak and shrimp delicacy enhanced with rice, cilantro, cumin, aioli and garlic, enveloped in a garlic-infused lavash.
DEALS: Gilroy Garlic Festival – Discount e-tickets and locals day. Follow the link for more info directly from the Festival website.
- Advance Discount – Get $2 Off when you buy tickets online at tickets.gilroygarlicfestival.com or in person at any Raley’s, Bel Air, and Nob Hill Foods. All discount tickets are available for purchase until noon Sunday July 27, 2014. Advance ticket prices are $18 for adults, $8 for children and seniors. Also available online only are discount tickets for a Gourmet Alley Combo Plate, regularly $15, available for $13 with an online admission ticket.
- Locals Day – Friday July 25, 2014 — You can purchase up to two $15 General Admission tickets at the gate. That’s a $5 savings per ticket! You must present a valid photo ID with a local address in Gilroy, Morgan Hill, San Martin, Hollister, San Juan Bautista or Aromas. Maximum of two tickets per ID. Local’s Ticket is valid on Friday July 25, 2014 only.
- NEW FOR 2014 – Locals can also get a 3-day pass at the gate for $30, available on Friday July 25, 2014 only.
- Military Discount — Active members of the US Military get a $2 discount at the gate. (Show valid US Military ID.)
FYI: The regular admission prices at the gate are Adult $20; Children (ages 6-12) $10; Under age 6 Free; Seniors (60+) $10. Admission includes parking, shuttle transportation to the festival, musical entertainment, cooking demonstrations, and a children’s area.
WHEN: July 25 – 27, 2014, 10am to 7pm. (Gates close at 6pm.) Festival parking lots open at 9am each morning.
WHERE: Christmas Hill Park; Gilroy, CA (30 miles south of San Jose off Highway 101).
SAVVY TIPS: So you’re in the know …
- The Great Garlic Cook-Off will be streamed LIVE at gilroygarlicfestival.com.
- The Festival offers free parking with the shuttle starting at 9am.
STAYING OVER? Here are eight Gilroy hotels with great rates.