The annual Gilroy Garlic Festival (each year in July) is a popular South Bay tradition billed as the “Ultimate Summer Food Fair” — three days of incredible food, beverages, arts & crafts, and live entertainment. The event, which draws more than 100,000 visitors, features dozens of activities, concerts, food, and plenty of family fun.
The Gilroy Garlic Festival offers a few ways to save this year, including an advance online discount, a locals discount, and a military discount. Scroll down for links and deal details, along with information on getting to the event and finding a place to park.
The most popular activities at the festival are eating Gourmet Alley Food while watching the demos, grabbing a free garlic ice cream sample; watching the Cook-off Theater, taking the kids to the arts & crafts and children’s areas; visiting the Wine Pavilion; and shopping the Mercantile.
WHAT: Gilroy Garlic Festival — Discount e-tickets and locals day. Follow the link for more info directly from the Festival website.
- Advance Discount — The event offers $2 Off when you buy tickets on their website at tickets.gilroygarlicfestival.com or in person at any Raley’s, Bel Air, and Nob Hill Foods. All discount tickets are available for purchase until the deadline. Advance ticket prices are $18 for adults, $8 for children and seniors. Also available online only are discount tickets for a Gourmet Alley Combo Plate, regularly $15, available for $13 with an online admission ticket.
- Locals Day – Check the schedule on the event website for the next Locals Day — You can purchase up to two $15 General Admission tickets at the gate. That’s a $5 savings per ticket! You must present a valid photo ID with a local address in Gilroy, Morgan Hill, San Martin, Hollister, San Juan Bautista or Aromas. Maximum of two tickets per ID. Local’s Ticket is valid on Friday only. Follow the link above to the official website for the updated schedule.
- Military Discount — Active members of the US Military get a $2 discount at the gate. (Show valid US Military ID.)
FYI: The regular admission prices at the gate are Adult $20; Children (ages 6-12) $10; Under age 6 Free; Seniors (60+) $10. Admission includes parking, shuttle transportation to the festival, musical entertainment, cooking demonstrations, and a children’s area.
WHEN: Every year in July.
WHERE: Christmas Hill Park; Gilroy, CA (30 miles south of San Jose off Highway 101).
SAVVY TIPS: So you’re in the know …
- Parking — The Festival offers free parking with the shuttle starting at 9am.
- If using a GPS — Christmas Hill Park address is 7050 Miller Avenue, Gilroy CA 95020. NOTE: Do not follow map service directions as streets are blocked off around park. All traffic is directed to festival parking lot.
- Live Streaming — The Great Garlic Cook-Off will be streamed LIVE at gilroygarlicfestival.com.
- Free secure bicycle parking is available on Miller Avenue at Uvas Parkway (your lock).