The Golden Gate Park Band free summer concerts have been entertaining Bay Area music lovers for years on summer Sunday afternoons at the Spreckles Temple of Music in the Music Concourse in Golden Gate Park.
This year’s free concert program (April 22, 2012 to October 7, 2012) features music that highlights a variety of nationalities and cultures, along with special performances by folk dancers, singers, and compelling speakers.
DEAL: Golden Gate Band 2012 concerts are free.
WHEN: April 22 - October 7, 2012, concerts go from 1pm to about 2:30 or 2:45pm. See 2012 schedule on the Golden Gate Park Band website.
WHERE: Spreckles Temple of Music, Music Concourse, Golden Gate Park (Ninth Ave and Lincoln Way), San Francisco.
Golden Gate Band Summer Concerts
- July 8- Featuring: The music of Leonard Bernstein
- July 15 – Viva la France! (French music)
- July 22 – Water Music
- July 29- A Program of great concert band music.
- August 5 – Marches of the World!
- August 12 –Featuring : The music of Edvard Grieg
- August 19- St. Stevens Day (Hungarian music-dancing-singing)
- August 26- Ukrainian-American Day! (Ukrainian music-dancing-singing)
- September 2- A Program of great concert band music with Bass/Baritone John Minagro
- Monday, September 3- Labor Day Celebration of the American Worker.
- September 16- Irish- American Celebration!
- September 23 – Spanish Music Celebration with El Grupo de España!
- September 30 – Jazz at the Park!
- October 7- Grand Finale Concert (all request)