Here are a few of the Fourth of July happenings in the Minneapolis and Saint Paul area, including fireworks, Independence Day parades, and more.
Events this year include the Minneapolis Red, White and Boom, Bloomington Summer Fete, Apple Valley Freedom Days, and more.
Most of these local activities are free to enjoy. Know of another you’d like to see on this list? Please tell us about it.
Minneapolis / Saint Paul 4th of July
Minneapolis: Red, White and BOOM! July 3-4, 2014.
- July 3 – Hot Dam 5K Fun Run 6:30pm, Music and a Movie at Nicollet Island Amphitheatre. Music by Bomba de Luz from 7-9pm, movie (Indiana Jones and The Raiders of the Lost Ark) starts at 9pm. Bring a blanket to enjoy an evening watching a movie in Nicollet Island Pavilion 7-11pm.
- July 4 – Red, White & Boom! TC Half Marathon at 6:30am through Northeast Minneapolis, ending on the beautiful Stone Arch Bridge. Free family activities and entertainment at Father Hennepin Bluffs Park and Mill Ruins Park 6-10pm, Fourth of July Fireworks at 10pm at Water Power Park.
Saint Paul: Fourth in the Park — July 4, 2014. Annual July 4 parade and picnic in St. Paul’s St. Anthony Park neighborhood—the capital city’s only Independence Day parade. Celebration starts at 8am — Langford Park Distance Races; 11am — Grand Parade; 12-1pm — Horseshoe, Volleyball and Tennis Tournaments; 1-4pm — Pony Rides, Pig’s Eye Jass Band 2:30-4pm — Races and Contests, Family fun events; 4pm — Door Prizes at the Bandstand; 4:30-6pm — Denny and the Dawgs at the Bandstand.
Apple Valley: Freedom Days — June 27-July 4, 2014. Various events and locations…
- June 27 – Classic car, truck & motorcycle show 6pm-midnight; live music begins at 5pm at Johnny Cake Park East, vendor fair 6-10pm
- June 28 – Junior Tennis Tournament, 9am at Apple Valley Sports Arena
- June 29 – Music in the Park 6pm-7:30pm at Johnny Cake Park East
- June 30 – Junior Golf Tournament tees off at 9am at ValleyWood Golf Course
- July 1 – No events listed
- July 2 – Kids Fishing Derby, 6pm-8pm at Lac Lavon Park. J&K Amusements Carnival, 5pm-10pm at Lac Lavon Park.
- July 3 – Cub Foods Family Fun Night (Parade, food, face painting, games, petting zoo, pony rides), 5pm at Johnny Cake Park East. Michael Duff High Wire Performance, 7pm at Johnny Cake Park East. J&K Amusements Carnival, 5pm-10pm at Johnny Cake Park East.
- July 4 – Freedom Days Fun Run, 8am at Apple Valley Community Center. Freedom Days Parade, 1pm starting at Fireside Ln and Pennock Ave. Pre-Fireworks Party, 5pm-11pm at Johnny Cake Park East. J&K Amusements Carnival, 3pm-11pm at Johnny Cake Park East. Fireworks show, 10pm at Johnny Cake Park East.
Bloomington: Summer Fete — July 3, 2014. Normandale Lake Bandshell, Bloomington, MN. Kids carnival 5pm-9pm (tickets/wristbands required for activities), music on the 84th St Kids Stage 5-8pm, music on the Summer Fete Main Stage 5-10pm, fireworks at dusk.
Chanhassen: 4th of July Celebration — July 2-4, 2013 at City Center Park and Lake Ann Park in Chanhassen, MN.
- July 2 – 3-10pm Family Night at the Carnival at City Center Park. Features carnival rides, vendors, baseball clinics, children’s games, kiddie parade, pony and camel rides, 3-on-3 basketball tournament, live music, a street dance, and more.
- July 3 – 3-10pm Family Night at the Carnival at City Center Park. Twins Baseball/Softball clinic 10am-1pm. Business expo, live music, Taste of Chanhassen, pony and camel rides, 3-on-3 basketball tournament, beer & wine garden at 4:30pm. Kiddie parade at 5:30pm. Streetdance 7-11pm.
- July 4 – Adult and kids fishing contests, sand sculpture contest, and medallion hunt at Lake Ann Park. Carnival rides, games, and live music at City Center Park. Parade at 2:30pm in downtown Chanhassen. Baseball game at 6pm at Chanhassen Storm Red Bird Stadium. Fireworks at 10pm at Lake Ann Park.
Eagan: 4th of July Funfest — July 2-4, 2014, at Eagan Festival Grounds, Eagan, MN.
- July 2 – 4pm-8pm. Carnival and Information Booth at Eagan Market Fest.
- July 3 – 2pm-midnight. Events including Blood Mobile, Children’s Funfest Bike Parade, children’s activities, carnival and Funfest vendors, Texas Hold’Em tournament, and Funfest concert featuring The Dweebs.
- July 4 – 10am-midnight. Events including a car show, Brain Freeze contest, carnival and Funfest vendors, Texas Hold’Em tournament, bingo, comedy juggling show, Funfest concert featuring Rock Godz, Stars & Stripes Parade at 10am, and fireworks at 10pm.
Eden Prairie: 4th of July Hometown Celebration — July 4, 2014. 7:30am-11pm at Round Lake Park in Eden Prairie. Pickleball, live entertainment, kiddie parade, kids’ activities, BMX demonstrations, splash pad, beer and bingo, and food. Fireworks start at 10pm.
Edina: Independence Day Parade & Fireworks — July 4, 2014 at 10am. From youth groups marching to seniors dancing, the Edina 4th of July Parade offers excitement for all ages. Parade begins behind Edina City Hall, 4801 W 50th St, Edina, CA, and ends at the US Bank parking lot at 50th St and Halifax Ave. Live music at Roseland Park followed by fireworks at 10pm.
Excelsior: July Fourth Celebration — July 4, 2014 at Excelsior Commons. Firecracker 1-Mile (8:10am) and 5K (8:30am) runs. Water Street Kids’ Parade 11am, begins at 540 Lake Street, ends in the Commons. Air Show at 8pm. Celebration includes Sand Sculpture Contest, Popsicle Social, kids fishing contest, and live entertainment, including The Wolverines Big Band and Lucas Oil Aerobatic Air Show. Fireworks start at dusk.
Lakeville: Pan-O-Prog — July 3-13, 2014. Week-long festival in Lakeville, MN featuring Beer, Brats & Bingo, a pageant, Cruise Night Parade, Grand Parade, and more. Fourth of July Fireworks Celebration at Lakeville North High School, 7-10pm, temporary tattoos, clowns, concessions and live entertainment, fireworks start after dark.
Powderhorn Park: 4th of July Celebration — July 4, 2014, 11am-3pm. Powderhorn Park in Minneapolis, MN. Music, food, and fun for the entire family.
Prior Lake: Boat Parade and Fireworks — July 4, 2014, 1pm, Prior Lake, MN. Parade, featuring decorated boats, begins on Upper Prior Lake near Captain Jack’s. Fireworks at 10pm launching from Watzel’s
Richfield: 4th of July — July 2-4, 2014. Veteran’s Memorial Park in Richfield, MN.
- July 2 – Kiddie Parade 5:30pm, Family Night and Picnic 5:30pm, Move in the park (Despicable Me 2) 9pm.
- July 3 – Car show 10am-6pm, Street Dance 6pm ($5 admission).
- July 4 – Parade at 1pm from 70th & Nicollet to 66th & 11th, Fireworks at 10pm.
St Louis Park: July 4th Fireworks Celebration — July 4, 2014. Aquila Park, 3110 Xylon Ave S, St Louis Park, MN. Performance by Stevie and the Table Rockers, 7-9:30pm, fireworks begin at 10pm.
White Bear: Lake Manitou Days — June 19-July 4, 2014 in White Bear Lake, MN. Festival includes over 50 events. July 4 – Farmer’s Market 9am-noon in Downtown White Bear Lake. Sun Soaker Mug Club Celebration with live music and food, 5-9pm at Tally’s Dockside. Fireworks, flyover and music at Memorial Beach. Music starts by Shoreview Northern Lights Variety Band at 8pm, Fireworks start at 10pm.