Minneapolis / Saint Paul 4th of July
Minneapolis: Red, White and BOOM! — July 3-4, 2015. A two-day celebration that draws more than 60,000 people to the downtown Minneapolis riverfront, with live music, food, family activities and fireworks.
- July 3, 2015 – Hot Dam 5K Fun Run 6:30pm. Live music (by Chris Koza) at 7pm and a movie (Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory) at 9pm at Nicollet Island Amphitheatre. Bring a blanket to enjoy an evening watching a movie in Nicollet Island Pavilion 7-11pm.
- July 4, 2015 – Red, White & Boom! TC Half Marathon at 6:30am through Northeast Minneapolis, ending on the Stone Arch Bridge. Free family activities and entertainment at Father Hennepin Bluffs Park and Mill Ruins Park 6-10pm, Fourth of July FIREWORKS at 10pm at Water Power Park.
Minneapolis: Powderhorn Park 4th of July Celebration — July 4, 2015, 12pm-5pm at Powderhorn Park in Minneapolis, MN. Music, food, family activities.
Saint Paul: Fourth in the Park — July 4, 2015. Annual July 4th parade and picnic in St. Paul’s St. Anthony Park neighborhood—the capital city’s only Independence Day parade.
- 8am: Langford Park Races start at 8:30am.
- 11am: Grand Parade. Proceeds from Luther Place, down Como Avenue to Langford Park via Knapp Avenue. Following the parade, a program including the patriotic essay winners and music from the Saint Anthony Park Community Band will take place at the bandstand in Langford Park.
- 12noon-1pm: Horseshoe and Volleyball Tournaments, Refreshments (pulled pork sandwiches, hot dogs, ice cream, veggie burgers and more, with vegetarian options by the tennis courts).
- 1pm-2:30pm: Live Music at the band stand.
- 1pm-4pm: Pony rides.
- 2:30pm-4pm: Races and contests for children through seniors. Ribbons for all participants.
- 4pm: Door prize winners announced.
St. Paul: 4th of July Fireworks — July 4, 2015. Free FIREWORKS display approximately 10pm, following the Saints game against the Fargo Moorhead Redhawks. Pack a blanket and head over to nearby Indian Mounds Regional Park or Lower Landing Park for the best views.
Apple Valley: Freedom Days — June 26-July 4, 2015. Various events and locations…
- June 26: (New) Wild Bill’s Tent Party, 8pm-Midnight, Street Dance with Arch Allies (15020 Glazier Avenue). Price: $10 cover. Beer, wine, spirits & food available.
- June 27 – Classic car, truck & motorcycle show 6pm-midnight; live music begins at 5pm at Johnny Cake Park East, vendor fair 4-8pm. $20. Cruise to Wild Bill’s (new) 8pm-midnight. Headliner Uncle Kracker with opening band GB Leighton. Gate Price: $15 cover. First drink FREE. Register for the car show for parking.
- June 28 – Music in the Park FREE, at Johnny Cake Ridge Park S soccer field (5800 140th St. W.). Bring lawn-chairs, blankets, food & beverage. St. Paul Winter Carnival Klondike Kates 6pm-7:30pm.
- June 29 – No events.
- June 30 – Junior Golf Tournament tees off at 12noon at ValleyWood Golf Course (4851 McAndrews Road). The Kids Fishing Night at Lac Lavon Fishing Pier, off Gardenview Drive, Apple Valley 6pm-8pm (registration at 5:30).Bring your fishing pole. Bait provided. Mom & Dad should bring a lawn chair and/or blanket.
- July 1 – No events.
- July 2 – J&K Amusements Carnival, 5pm-11pm at Johnny Cake Ridge Park East (5800 140th St W., Apple Valley); $10 Wristband special from 6pm-10pm. Opening Night.
- July 3 – Cub Foods Family Fun Night (kids costume parade, DJ music, food, face painting, games, petting zoo $3/child, pony rides $3/child), 5pm at Johnny Cake Park East. Michael Duff High Wire Performance, 7pm at Johnny Cake Park East. J&K Amusements Carnival continues, 5pm-10pm at Johnny Cake Park East.
- July 4 – Freedom Days Fun Run, 8am at Apple Valley Community Center. Freedom Days Parade, 1pm starting at Fireside Ln and Pennock Ave. Pre-Fireworks Party, 5pm-11pm at Johnny Cake Park East. J&K Amusements Carnival, 3pm-11pm at Johnny Cake Park East; $10 Wristband special from 3pm-6pm. FIREWORKS show 10pm at Johnny Cake Park East.
Bloomington: Summer Fete — July 3, 2015. Normandale Lake Bandshell, Bloomington, MN. Kids carnival 5pm-9pm (tickets/wristbands required for activities); music on the 84th St Kids Stage 5-8pm; Music on the American Legion Post 550 Stage 5-10pm; FIREWORKS at dusk (shortly after 10pm) visible from all around the event site. Look towards the Hyland Lake Ski Jump to see the aerial display launched from Chalet Road.
Chanhassen: 4th of July Celebration — July 2-4, 2015 at City Center Park and Lake Ann Park in Chanhassen, MN.
- July 2nd Highlights
- 3pm-10pm: Family Night at the Carnival (All rides $2 from 3-8 pm; otherwise 3-$3.50 each.)
- July 3rd Highlights
- 10am-11:30am Minnesota Twins Baseball/Softball Clinic – Ages 6-9 (Chanhassen High School).
- 11:30am-1pm Minnesota Twins Baseball/Softball Clinic – Ages 10-16 (Chanhassen High School).
- 3:30pm: Carnival Rides.
- 4pm: Kiddie Games & Entertainment; Pony Rides; 3-on-3 Basketball.
- 4:30pm: SW Metro Chamber of Commerce Business Expo; Taste of Chanhassen Rotary Beer & Wine Garden; Live Music featuring The Medicine Show Music Company; Gamin’ Ride Video Games; Water Wars; Micro-Reality Stock Car Speedway Racing; Airbrush Tattoos, Face Painting, Wacky Hairdos & Caricatures.
- 5pm: Live Music featuring Ragtown.
- 5:30pm: Kiddie Parade.
- 6pm: Chan Rec Center Tae Kwon Do Demonstration; Chalk-it-Up Drawing Contest
- 7pm-11pm: Street Dance featuring CasaBlanca Orchestra (CBO)
- July 4th Highlights
- 7am: Adult Fishing Contest.
- 9am: 3-on-3 Basketball Tournament.
- 10am: Chanhassen Rotary Classic Car Show; Taste of Chanhassen; Rotary Beer & Wine Garden; Carnival Rides & Games.
- 11am: Kids Fishing Contest (Lake Ann); Sand Sculpture Contest (Lake Ann Beach); Medallion Hunt (Lake Ann Concession Stand); Bingo sponsored by the Chanhassen Senior Commission (City Center Park); Airbrush Tattoos, Face Painting, Wacky Hairdos & Caricatures.
- 11:45am: Live Music featuring American Bootleg.
- 2:30pm: Parade in Downtown Chanhassen.
- 10pm: FIREWORKS (Lake Ann Park).
Eagan: 4th of July Funfest — July 3-4, 2015, at Eagan Festival Grounds, Eagan, MN. Follow the link to the event website for advance carnival ride discount (nearly 50% off, limited availability).
- July 3: 1pm-7pm Blood Drive; 4pm Carnival, DJ; 5pm Children’s Bike Parade; 6pm Texas Hold’em Tournament (Free Entry); 7pm Stage Entertainment; 12 midnight Festival Grounds Close.
- July 4: 10am Parade “Summer Sparkler” (NOTE: NO Parade viewing on Central Pkwy, Yankee Doodle ONLY); 12 noon Festival Grounds Open for Carnival & DJ; 1pm Ambassador Brain Freeze (stage); 1pm-5pm Beyond the Yellow Ribbon Car Show1pm Bingo; 2pm-7pm Blood Drive; 6pm Texas Hold’em Tournament (Free Entry); 8pm Stage Entertainment The Brian Kinney Band; 10pm FIREWORKS.
Eden Prairie: 4th of July Hometown Celebration — July 3-4, 2015, at Round Lake Park (16691 Valley View Road, Eden Prairie, Minnesota).
- July 3, 2015, 5pm-10pm
- Beer and bingo sponsored by the Lions Club, 5–9 p.m.
- Jazz on the Prairie Big Band, 5:30–6:15 p.m.
- Eden Prairie Community Band, 6:30–7:15 p.m.
- Live music with Martin Zellar and the Hardways (playing covers and originals by Neil Diamond, Martin Zellar, Gear Daddies and others), 7:30–10 p.m.
- July 4: Most activities are free.
- 7:30am-5p.m: Pickleball Tournament [PDF] ($), Tennis Courts.
- 9am: Optimists 5K Run ($) Purgatory Creek Park.
- 10am-4pm: Baseball Association Firecracker Classic, Softball Fields.
- 10am-8pm: Canoeing and Paddleboarding ($) Boat Launch.
- 10am-8pm: Splash Pad and Beach.
- Noon-11pm: Food and Drinks ($).
- 1pm-9pm: Chalk Art by Shawn McCann, Round Lake Park Building.
- 2pm-8pm: Face Painting and Henna Artist ($) Playground.
- 2pm-9pm: Inflatable Fun ($).
- 3pm-4:30pm: Kids Beach Party at the Park.
- 3pm-9pm: BMX Demonstrations, Skate Plaza.
- 4pm-9pm: Bingo ($).
- 10pm: FIREWORKS.
Edina: Independence Day Parade & Fireworks — July 4, 2015 at 10am. (Not yet confirmed for 2015). From youth groups marching to seniors dancing, the Edina 4th of July Parade offers excitement for all ages. Parade begins behind Edina City Hall, 4801 W 50th St, Edina, CA, and ends at the US Bank parking lot at 50th St and Halifax Ave. Live music at Roseland Park followed by fireworks at 10pm.
Excelsior: July Fourth Celebration — July 4, 2015 at Excelsior Commons. Celebration includes Sand Sculpture Contest, Popsicle Social, kids fishing contest, and live entertainment. (NO Air Show in 2015.)
- 8am: Firecracker runs.
- 9am: Sand sculpture contest.
- 11am: Water Street Kids’ Parade (540 Lake Street to the Commons).
- 5pm-9:55pm: Live Entertainment.
- Dusk: FIREWORKS.
Forest Lake 4th of July Celebration — Several days of fun, featuring carnival rides, bingo, live music, entertainment and fireworks.
- July 1: Carnival, Noon – 10 p.m. Unlimited ride wristbands 6pm-10pm. Food 11am-10pm.
- July 2: Carnival Noon-10pm. Unlimited ride wristbands 1pm-6pm. Bingo 6pm-10pm. Food 11am- 10pm. Music 8pm-Midnight Twin Cities Lights and Entertainment .
- July 3: Carnival Noon-Midnight; Bingo 6pm-Midnight; Food 11am-10pm. Music 8pm-Midnight The Blockheaters (American Legion); 8pm-Midnight Drunk and Stupid (American Legion); 8pm-Midnight Twin Cities Lights and Entertainment (American Legion).
- July 4th: Reading of the Declaration of Independence 9:30 am (Lakeside Memorial Park Gazebo); Parade 10am; Carnival 9am-Midnight; Bingo 2pm-8pm; Food 11am-10pm; Music 5:30-7:30pm; St. Croix Crossings (Lakeside Memorial Park) 8pm-10pm, Charlie O (Lakeside Memorial Park); 8pm-Midnight Twin Cities Lights and Entertainment (American Legion); FIREWORKS 10pm.
- July 5: Carnival Noon-6pm; Bingo Noon-6pm; Food 11am-10pm.
Lakeville: Pan-O-Prog — July 4, 2015, 7pm-11pm. Fourth of July Fireworks Celebration at Lakeville North High School on the football practice field (19600 Ipava Ave, Lakeville, MN). Celebration includes live music,family fun, inflatables, temporary tattoos, clowns, concessions and live entertainment, FIREWORKS start after dark. Bring lawn chairs or blankets. The Grand Parade is on July 11, 2015, 5:30pm-7:30pm, from Holyoke Avenue and 210th Street to the corner of Heritage Drive ending at Iberia Avenue.
Richfield: 4th of July — July 2-4, 2015. Veteran’s Memorial Park in Richfield, MN.
- July 2: Kiddie Parade 5:30pm, Family Night and Picnic, DJ, Activities 5:30pm-8:30 Move in the park 9pm.
- July 3: Car show 10am-6pm, Vendor Fair 3pm-7pm; Street Dance 6pm-11pm ($5 admission).
- July 4: Parade at 1pm from 70th & Nicollet to 66th & 11th, FIREWORKS at 10pm.
St Louis Park: July 4th Fireworks Celebration — July 4, 2015. Aquila Park (3110 Xylon Ave S, St Louis Park, MN). Concessions, vendors and a special performance by Stevie and the Table Rockers (rock-n-roll music) at 7pm-9:30pm. FIREWORKS at approximately 10pm (rain date July 5).
White Bear: Lake Manitou Days — July 4, 2015 8pm-11pm at Memorial Beach, WBL. The 4th of July Fireworks, Flyover & Music at Memorial Beach. (The Grand Parade is on June 19 at 6:30pm. )
- July 4:
- 8:00 p.m. Music starts
- 8:30 p.m. Flyover with four T-6 planes.
- 10:00 p.m. FIREWORKS. to live music over White Bear Lake.