The Museum of Fine Arts, Boston, offers a few ways to save on admission, including a few free days. We’ll add new deals for the MFA here on this page as we find them. Check out the current offers below.
The Museum of Fine Arts, Boston is one of the most comprehensive art museums in the world, hosting a collections of nearly 450,000 works of art. More than a million visitors peruse the galleries each year to view enjoy art from ancient Egyptian to present. The MFA also offers innovative educational programs.
ALSO SEE: Our list of all Boston Museums & Free Days.
WHAT: The Museum of Fine Arts, Boston, Free Days — The Museum is free to all visitors on the following Open House days …
- Monday, January 19, 2015 (Martin Luther King Jr. Day Open House)
- Saturday, February 21, 2015 (Lunar New Year)
- Monday, May 25, 2015 (Memorial Day Open House)
Ongoing free admission opportunities …
- Children 6 and under — Free admission.
- Youths 7-17 – Free admission weekdays after 3pm, weekends, and Boston public school holidays (other times $10). Kids under 7 always get in free.
- Free admission for College Students from participating universities.
- If you have a Bank of America or Merrill Lynch card, you can get in free on the first full weekend of every month via the Museums on Us program. (only the cardholder gets in free).
- Massachusetts Teachers can get $2 off admission with MTA card.
- Via the Blue Star Musuems program, active-duty military, National Guard, and reserve military and their families from get in free from Memorial Day through Labor Day.
- The Boston Public Library program offers $10 tickets for up to two people, but check with the library and reserve in advance.
FYI: Wednesday nights after 4 pm, admission is by voluntary contribution (suggested donation $25).
OTHER WAYS TO SAVE:
- MFA Boston is included with the Boston CityPASS, an attraction pass that gets you combined discount tickets of around 48% off. You have nine days from first use to visit all of the attractions. Included: New England Aquarium; Museum of Science; Skywalk Observatory; Harvard Museum of Natural History OR John F. Kennedy Presidential Library and Museum.
WHEN: Open Monday and Tuesday 10am – 4:45 pm; Wednesday through Friday 10am – 9:45pm; Saturday and Sunday 10am – 4:45pm.
WHERE: Museum of Fine Arts, Boston, Avenue of the Arts, 465 Huntington Ave, Boston, MA 02115-5523.