National Constitution Center: Two Ways to Save on Tickets.
The National Constitution Center, located in the middle of historic Philadelphia, is an interesting stop for U.S. history buffs, and anyone interested in how the United States got its start. Fortunately for savvy readers, a couple of tickets deals are available from popular sources. One is around half off, and the other gets you up to 57 percent off, but for that one you’ll need to get tickets in twos or fours. Neither one requires a coupon or promo code, but you need to order online in advance from either source. Philly students who are 14 to 19 years old can get in free with a free STAMP Pass (Students at Museums in Philly). Deal details below.
The National Constitution Center, in features interactive exhibits, live performances, rare artifacts, and hands-on activities, all around the theme of the United States Constitution. Along with the main exhibits, you can enjoy many traveling exhibitions or live performances, special events and programs, depending on when you go. The exhibits are beautifully presented and family friendly.
The Center’s main three exhibitions are FREEDOM RISING, a multimedia theatrical production; THE STORY OF WE THE PEOPLE, an interactive exhibit that includes as a copy of the Emancipation Proclamation and Justice Sandra Day O’Connor’s robes; and SIGNERS’ HALL (my fav). with 42 life-size bronze statues of the Founding Fathers, and rare copies of America’s three founding documents, including an original Bill of Rights.
National Constitution Center Ticket Deals
DEAL 1: National Constitution Center Discount Tickets 50% Off — your price $4 – $7.25 (reg. $8 – $14.50) plus a small processing fee of $2.50 to $3. These are “Any Day” tickets for any number of people, but note the expiration date. This source requires free email sign-in to access their deals.
DEAL 2: Philadelphia Student FREE Admission — With a free STAMP (Students at Museums in Philly) Pass, Philadelphia high school students can get free admission for a year to several local museums, including the National Constitution Center. STAMP Passes are vailable free to teens age 14 to 19 who live in the city of Philadelphia.
WHEN: Discount dates subject to change. See each deal website for whats available now. Museum hours:
Monday – Friday 9:30am – 5pm
Saturday 9:30am – 6pm; Sunday 12pm – 5pm
WHERE: The National Constitution Center, 525 Arch Street, Philadelphia, PA 19106.
SAVVY TIPS: To make getting there a little easier …
- Parking — The National Constitution Center has its own Parking Garage — enter from Race Street between 5th Street and 6th Street.
- SEPTA — If you’re going by public transportation — take the Market-Frankford Line subway and get off at 5th Street Station, or use the Route 38, Route 44, or Route 48 buses.
- UBER Deal — The museum website says they’re partnering with Uber to offer all guests who are new to Uber a free ride up to $20. Use promo code ‘CONSTITUTION’. Going with a friend or family member? Show the Box Office your Uber receipt and get two for one tickets. I’m not sure how long this offer will last, so check before you go.
- Amtrak — Train service to 30th Street Station in Philadelphia is available via Amtrak as well as SEPTA. 30th Street Station also provides access to SEPTA public transit. Go to amtrak.com for more info.
- Phlash — Quick, easy, and cheap — Tthe bright purple trolley stops at 6th and Market Streets near the National Constitution Center, and other Philly attractions.