If you need a reason to go to the Bronx, check out the new exhibits (like the Holiday Train Show and Box Car Nights) — and a few ways you can save on tickets. NY Botanical Gardens ticket deals are often available from various sources, and you find these listed at the bottom of this page.
WHAT: The New York Botanical Garden Discount Tickets.
WHEN: Open year-round, Tuesday to Sunday, 10am 6pm; Winter hours 10am-5pm, mid-January–February. Also open the following Mondays: December 29, 2014 (Holiday Train Show runs through January 19, 2015), January 19, 2015 (Martin Luther King, Jr. Day), February 16, 2015 (Presidents’ Day).
WHERE: The New York Botanical Garden, 2900 Southern Blvd, Bronx NY 10458.
The New York Botanical Garden
(Follow the links below for discount tickets & details)
50% Off Events & Activities
About the Holiday Train Show
The Holiday Train Show is the biggest draw to the Botanical Garden (running now through January 19, 2015), whether you’re taking the family, or going to Bar Car Nights (adult only Train Show). This popular annual event features model trains and replicas of iconic New York landmarks. You can also enjoy activities like cookie decorating, walk around the grounds drinking hot chocolate, gift shopping, and a variety of holiday family and children’s activities.
New this year: More trains than in previous years, including a new G-scale Metro-North train that winds its way around a display of Hudson River Valley mansions in the Palm Dome pool; the Everett Children’s Adventure Garden, where kids can embark on a journey through a variety of activity train station stops.
One of New York City’s best holiday gifts to itself, and a chance to see the city anew. –The New York Times
NY Botanical Garden Upcoming Exhibits
- January 24 – February 22, 2015: Wild Medicine in the Tropics
- February 28 – April 19, 2015: The Orchid Show
- April 24 – 26, 2015: Antique Garden Furniture Fair
- April – October 2015: The Edible Academy Programs
- May 16 – November 1, 2015: FRIDA KAHLO: Art, Garden, Life
SAVVY TIPS: To make your visit to the NY Botanical Garden even savvier ..
- Parking — You can park onsite via the Conservatory Gate entrance at 2900 Southern Blvd.
- Public Transportation — Couple of choices …
- By Metro-North Railroad — Take the Metro-North Harlem local line to Botanical Garden Station. Walk across Southern Boulevard to the Botanical Garden’s Mosholu Gate entrance
- By Subway — Take the B, D, or 4 train to Bedford Park Blvd. Station. From the station exit, take the Bx26 bus east to the Garden’s Mosholu Gate entrance. OR walk eight blocks down the hill on Bedford Park Blvd (20 minutes). Turn left onto Southern Blvd. and walk one block to Mosholu Gate entrance.
- Student/Senior Deals — Students and Seniors can save a couple bucks at the door with valid ID.
- Dining — The New York Botanical Garden has two restaurants: The Pine Tree Café located in the Leon Levy Visitor Center; and Garden Café located across from the Enid A. Haupt Conservatory, both open during regular Botanical Garden hours.
- Children — Leave strollers behind (they don’t allow them in the Conservatory).