Review of New York Botanical Garden + Discounts & Reciprocal Admission.
If you need a reason to go to the Bronx, check out the new exhibits — like the Orchid Show, Edible Academy, Spring Festival, and the Holiday Train Show, to name a few. The New York Times calls the train show, “One of New York City’s best holiday gifts to itself, and a chance to see the city anew.” Check the New York Botanical Garden’s schedule for dates and details.
New York Botanical Gardens Discount Tickets
- Best NY Botanical Gardens Discount Tickets — This Half Price Ticket Source has really great ticket deals to many events and activities throughout the year, including: the New York Botanical Garden’s Holiday Train Show; Holiday Train Show Concert Series Winter Harmonies; Bar Car Nights; The New York Botanical Garden Adult Education, and more. Check their New York page under attractions to see what’s available now.
- Combo Discount Pass: The Go New York Pass lets you save 20% to 25% off the gate price of each attraction or activity. If you haven’t used them in a while, it’s time to take a second look at the so-called tourist passes because they have changed for the better. They’re easier to use, and you can visit as few as two attractions over a 30-day period and save at least 20 percent. The NY Botanical Garden is included in these. You can show on your smart phone or print at home. They also have a New York Explorer Pass that’s worth a look. You can visit 3, 5, 7, or 10 attractions for one low price. Choose as you go from 52 top attractions. Save up to 45% vs. paying at the gate. Show on your smart phone or print at home.
- AAA Discount — Automobile Association of America members can get $2 off full-price adult All-Garden Pass tickets on weekends and holiday Mondays and $4 off on weekdays. Show a valid AAA card at the door. (Not valid during the Holiday Train Show.)
- Military Discount — Via Blue Star Museums, complimentary All-Garden Passes are available from Memorial Day through Labor Day for: active duty military, including Army, Navy, Air Force, Coast Guard, Marines, National Guard, and Reserve members, and up to five family members. The military ID holder can either be an active duty service member or other dependent family member with the appropriate ID card. The active duty member does not have to be present for family members to use the program—just bring DD Form 1173 ID Card, or DD Form 1173-1 ID Card.
- Student/Senior Deals — Students and Seniors can save a couple bucks at the door with valid ID.
- Coupons and Promo Codes — There are currently no NY Botanical Garden coupons or promo codes available that I am aware of. (If you know of one, please share.)
American Horticultural Society — Show your membership card. Check with AHS for the number of free admissions this gets you.
- American Public Gardens Association — APGA members get one free ticket with a valid membership card or institution ID.
- American Alliance of Museums Freebie — AAM Professional Members receive one free Grounds-Only ticket per visit with valid membership card.
- Museums Council of New York City Employee Freebie — MCNYC) employees get two free Grounds-Only tickets are extended to employees of MCNYC institutions. Valid ID Pass is required.
- Fordham University Freebie — Students, faculty, and employees of Fordham University receive one free Grounds-Only admission per visit with valid Fordham University ID.
- Cool Culture Family Pass — Cool Culture Family Pass holders can get free All-Garden Pass access for up to five family members. Show a valid Family Pass and photo ID at the door. Now available for the Holiday Train Show.
- WNET Channel THIRTEEN Member Discount — THIRTEEN members can get $2 off full-price adult All-Garden Pass tickets. Show your valid membership card at the door. Not valid during the Holiday Train Show.
Know Before You Go
Location — The New York Botanical Garden, 2900 Southern Blvd, Bronx NY 10458. Getting there.
- Hours — Open year-round, Tuesday to Sunday, 10am 6pm (Winter hours 10am-5pm, mid-January–February.)
- Parking — You can park onsite via the Conservatory Gate entrance at 2900 Southern Blvd.
- Public Transportation — Couple of choices …
- By Metro-North Railroad — Take the Metro-North Harlem local line to Botanical Garden Station. Walk across Southern Boulevard to the Botanical Garden’s Mosholu Gate entrance
- By Subway — Take the B, D, or 4 train to Bedford Park Blvd. Station. From the station exit, take the Bx26 bus east to the Garden’s Mosholu Gate entrance. OR walk eight blocks down the hill on Bedford Park Blvd (20 minutes). Turn left onto Southern Blvd. and walk one block to Mosholu Gate entrance.
- Dining — The New York Botanical Garden has two restaurants: The Pine Tree Café located in the Leon Levy Visitor Center; and Garden Café located across from the Enid A. Haupt Conservatory, both open during regular Botanical Garden hours.
- Children — Leave strollers behind (they don’t allow them in the Conservatory).