The Northwest Folklife Festival, at Seattle Center, always takes place over Memorial Day weekend (May 24 – 27, 2013). This free folk music festival features live entertainment, street performances, a beer garden, handmade crafts, and more. The festival is famous for its flavorful organic food. And this year the event promises a few new activities:
- A new showcase focusing on traditional dance and music of Asia
- The return of the hugely popular Bollywood Showcase
- Crowd-favorites Balkan Misfits Party and Monday night Reggae show
- The Tractor Tavern’s Urban Square Dance for beginners and expert dancers
- Indie Roots music across all our stages
WHAT: The 2013 Northwest Folklife Festival is a free event.
WHEN: Memorial Day Weekend, May 24-27, 2013. Friday-Sunday 11am-10pm; Monday 11am-9pm.
WHERE: The Seattle Center – 305 Harrison Street, Seattle, WA 98109.
SAVVY TIP: The festival draws a huge crowd, so show up early for easier parking. Even the paid lots near the Seattle Center will fill up fast.
JUST VISITING? Check out the Seattle hotel deals available over Memorial Day weekend 2013.