The Northwest Folklife Festival, at Seattle Center, always takes place over Memorial Day weekend (May 24 – 27). This free folk music festival features live entertainment, street performances, a beer garden, handmade crafts, and more. The festival is famous for its flavorful organic food. And this year the event promises a few new activities:
- A new showcase focusing on traditional dance and music of Asia
- The return of the hugely popular Bollywood Showcase
- Crowd-favorites Balkan Misfits Party and Monday night Reggae show
- The Tractor Tavern’s Urban Square Dance for beginners and expert dancers
- Indie Roots music across all our stages
WHAT: The Northwest Folklife Festival is a free event.
WHEN: OVER. Check back next May.
WHERE: The Seattle Center – 305 Harrison Street, Seattle, WA 98109.
SAVVY TIP: The festival draws a huge crowd, so show up early for easier parking. Even the paid lots near the Seattle Center will fill up fast.