Here are a few of the Fourth of July fireworks parades, and holiday activities in the Philadelphia area, with most of the events sponsored by Wawa Welcome America. Follow the link below for more info on the Philadelphia Independence Day Parade, Party on the Parkway, 4th of July Jam and Fireworks, the POPS on Independence concert, and other celebrations.
Philadelphia 4th of July Events
Philadelphia: Wawa Welcome America — Various events and locations around Philadelphia – June 27 – July 4, 2015:
June 27, 2015
- Noon-4pm: FAMILY DAY — The Shops at Liberty Place, 1625 Chestnut Street.
June 28, 2015
- Noon-4pm: WAWA WELCOME AMERICA! COMMUNITY DAY, Samuel Recreation Center 3539 Gaul Street.
June 29, 2015
- 9:30am-5pm: FREE ADMISSION TO THE FRANKLIN INSTITUTE, 222 N. 20th Street.
- 10am-Noon: GO 4TH & LEARN ABOUT SCIENCE, Franklin Institute.
- 8:30pm: PHILLY @ THE MOVIES “BIG HERO 6,” Franklin Square 222 N. 20th Street.
June 30, 2015
- 10:30am-4:30pm: FREE ADMISSION TO THE PHILADELPHIA HISTORY MUSEUM, 15 S. 7th Street.
- 10:30am-12:30pm: GO 4TH & LEARN ABOUT PHILADELPHIA, Philadelphia History Museum – 15 S. 7th Street.
- 8:30pm: PHILLY @ THE MOVIES “ANNIE,” Dilworth Park at City Hall, 1 S. 15th Street.
July 1, 2015
- 10am-5pm: FREE ADMISSION TO THE AFRICAN AMERICAN MUSEUM IN PHILADELPHIA,
701 Arch Street.
- 10am-Noon: GO 4TH & LEARN ABOUT FITNESS, Smith Memorial Playground and Playhouse, 3500 Reservoir Drive.
- 9pm: PHILLY @ THE MOVIES “ROCKY,” Philadelphia Museum of Art – 26th Street & Benjamin Franklin Parkway.
July 3, 2015
- POPS! On Independence: July 3, 8pm on the steps of Independence Hall, 6th & Chestnut. Peter Nero and the Philly POPS! Return to Philly to celebrate America’s birthday! Bring your blanket & lawn chairs & enjoy one of Philadelphia’s most popular July 4th traditions.
July 2, 2015
- 9:30am-8pm: FREE ADMISSION TO THE NATIONAL CONSTITUTION CENTER, 525 Arch Street.
- 10am-Noon: GO 4TH & LEARN ABOUT HISTORY, National Constitution Center – 525 Arch Street.
- 10am: PHL PHOTO EXHIBIT “ABOUT PHILADELPHIA,” Philadelphia International Airport, Terminal A-East, 8000 Essington Avenue.
- Noon-1:30pm: WAWA HOAGIE DAY, Independence Mall, Market Street Between 5th & 6th Streets.
- 8pm: PHILADELPHIA ORCHESTRA NEIGHBORHOOD CONCERT, Penn’s Landing, 101 S. Columbus Boulevard.
- 9pm: PHILLY @ THE MOVIES “THE SIXTH SENSE,” Rittenhouse Square, 210 W. Rittenhouse Square.
July 3, 2015
- 1pm-8:30pm: LIBERTY BLOCK PARTY, 5th & 6th Streets Between Market & Chestnut Streets.
- 8pm: POPS! ON INDEPENDENCE, Steps of Independence Hall – 6th & Chestnut Streets.
July 4, 2015
- 10am-11am: CELEBRATION OF FREEDOM CEREMONY, Steps of Independence Hall – 6th & Chestnut Streets.
- 11am-1pm: INDEPENDENCE DAY PARADE, Throughout Historic Philadelphia
- 1pm: AMERICA’S BIRTHDAY PARTY WITH BETSY ROSS AND TERMINI BROS. BAKERY, Independence Visitor Center 6th & Market Streets.
- 1pm-2pm: LET FREEDOM RING, Independence National Historical Park – 6th & Market Streets.
- Noon-7pm: PARTY ON THE PARKWAY, Benjamin Franklin Parkway – 20th Street to Eakins Oval.
- 7:30pm-11pm: PHILLY 4TH OF JULY JAM & GRAND FINALE FIREWORKS, Benjamin Franklin Parkway – Eakins Oval.