There’s always something going on at San Francisco’s Pier 39. From shopping and looking at the sea lions to tours and attractions. Popular Pier 39 Attractions include Adventure Cat Sailing Charters; Aquarium of the Bay; Blazing Saddles Bike Rentals & Tours; Blue & Gold Fleet; Frequent Flyers; Gray Line San Francisco Sightseeing Tours; Magowan’s Infinite Mirror Maze; PIER 39 Marina; Players Sports Grill & Arcade; RocketBoat; San Francisco Carousel; San Francisco Whale Tours; Sea Lions; Street Performers; Turbo Ride 4D Experience.
Don’t forget to check out the Pier 39 Attraction Discounts. Scroll down for details. Pier 39 offers several ways to save, including PIER 39 Attraction Passes that helps you save when you’re planning on visiting Pier 39’s top attractions. You can also save on Aquarium of the Bay and SF Bay Cruises separately.
What’s coming up at Pier 39 in San Francisco? Tulipmania (February 14 – 22, 2015), a free event.
DEAL 1: PIER 39 Attraction Pass $9 Off — Enjoy Pier 39 Attractions for one low price plus get an extra $9 off.
DEAL 2: PIER 39 Attraction Pass $6 Off + 1 Child Free — Get it from a different source here with a special offer of One Child Free with each eTicketed Adult. Offer applies only to tickets purchased from this source.
Pier 39 is free to enjoy just walking around, but you’ll need to pay to enjoy the shops and attractions. Passes get you in for less to the most popular attractions at Pier 39. Scroll down for the best options.
DEAL 3: San Francisco CityPASS — You can get huge discounts on 6 famous San Francisco attractions plus PIER 39 and other coupons. Includes California Academy of Sciences, Blue & Gold Fleet Bay Cruise Adventure, Aquarium of the Bay, Monterrey Bay Aquarium, Exploratorium, de Young Museum, Legion of Honor, SF Museum of Modern Art, Muni & Cable Car 7-Day Passport.
- Aquarium of The Bay Admission
- 7D Experience
- Blue & Gold Fleet Bay Cruise Adventure or Escape from the Rock Cruise
- San Francisco Sightseeing 48-Hour Trolley Hop
- Magowan’s Mirror Maze
- PIER 39 Fun Pack
DEAL 4: Go San Francisco Card or Go Select San Francisco – The new “build your own” option with Go Select is my favorite choice now. You can select as few as two great Bay ARea activities and save a minimum of 20%, plus you have 30 days from first use to see both/all, and a smart phone option. This standard Go SF discount card provides free admission to 55+ Bay Area attractions including Pier 39 discounts and coupons, with a month to use it all up. If you’re planning to play San Francisco tourist for more than a few days, this one is a great choice.
EVENTS: Coming up …
- Tulipmania 2016 — Every February, you can see thousands of blooming tulips and other garden goodies throughout PIER 39. Daily free, guided landscaping tours (starting at 10am in PIER 39′s Entrance Plaza.Free tulip tours depart daily at 11am, Noon, 1pm, 2pm, 3pm and 4pm from the Sea Lion Statue west of the PIER 39 Entrance Plaza.
VIDEOS: The first video shows a quick look at the things you can do at Pier 39. The second shows and tells you about the Pier’s most popular free feature — the Sea Lions.
Things To Do at Pier 39
Pier 39 Sea Lions
WHERE: PIER 39, at the Embarcadero, San Francisco, CA.
GETTING THERE: Here’s what you need to know …
- Driving Directions — Put 2 Beach Street, San Francisco, CA 94133 in your GPS.
- Public Transportation — Take MUNI’s historic F-Line street car or the 8X, 8BX, 39 or 47 bus. San Francisco’s cable cars also drop off just a few short blocks from The PIER.
- Parking Garage — The PIER 39 Garage is located directly across the street from the Entrance Plaza, is open 24-hours a day, seven days a week, $9 per hour. DEAL — if you dine in one of the full-service PIER 39 restaurants, you can get one hour of free parking before 6pm or two hours of free parking after 6pm. Street parking may also be available.
OTHER WAYS TO SAVE
- AAA Discount — Show your AAA card at the California Welcome Center, located on Level 2 by Fog Harbor Fish House at PIER 39, and get a discount at participating restaurants, a FREE PIER 39 Fun Pack and other special offers.
- Amtrak Discount — Show your Amtrak ticket at the California Welcome Center, located on Level 2 by Fog Harbor Fish House at PIER 39, and get a FREE PIER 39 Fun Pack.