If you’re looking for something free to do in San Francisco on Independence Day (July 4th 2014), here’s what you need to know about the biggest city celebration. Pier 39 at Fisherman’s Wharf is the place to be for free if you love crowds, plenty of live entertainment, and a spectacular fireworks display.
San Francisco 4th of July
WHEN: Friday, July 4, 2014, celebration from 12-9:30pm. Fireworks 9:30pm over the San Francisco Bay.
- 12pm: Mobility from the USAF Band of the Golden West
- 5pm: Tainted Love
- 9:30pm: Fireworks over the San Francisco Bay
WHERE: Fireworks will launch from the foot of MUNI Pier and barges just north of PIER 39, San Francisco, CA. Find a viewing spot along the waterfront at Aquatic Park, or try a different view from Coit Tower, Ghirardelli Square, or the Cannery.
SAVVY TIP: Public transportation is highly recommended. The Municipal Pier, located at the foot of Van Ness Avenue, will be closed to the public on the Fourth of July.
OTHER BAY AREA INDEPENDENCE DAY CELEBRATIONS
- EAST BAY Fourth of July Fireworks & Celebrations
- NORTH BAY Fourth of July Fireworks & Celebrations
- PENINSULA Fourth of July Fireworks & Celebrations
- SOUTH BAY Fourth of July Fireworks & Celebrations
ALL OTHER SAVVY CITIES 4TH OF JULY CELEBRATIONS
- Fourth of July Fireworks & Celebrations: 20 U.S. Metro Cities
Photo 1: copyright by ElvinW on Flickr