San Francisco Bay Area flea markets offer plenty of random kitsch and vintage stuff to entice cheapsters and cheap-a-holics. You’ll find some great prices at these local Bay Area flea markets, from Alameda to Alemany (the one Apartment Therapy calls “the other flea market.”) Alemany is smaller and simpler than Alameda across the bay, but the inventory is–let’s just say it–cheaper.
Tips for Shopping Flea Markets On The Cheap
- Bring cash.
- Go early to scoop up the best items before the crowds hit.
- Be a bargain shopper. Vendors expect to sell their stuff for 20% to 40% less than the asking price — less if it’s damaged, more if it’s handmade.
- If you like the work of a particular craftsman, give her your contact info so you can find out about upcoming specials.
SAN FRANCISCO FLEA MARKETS
- Alamo Square Neighborhood Flea Market – 700 Scott St, San Francisco, CA 94117. Annually in August.
- Alemany Flea Market – 100 Alemany Blvd, San Francisco, CA. (Corner Of Alemany & Putnam @ the Alemany Farmer’s Market). 415-647-2043. 8am-3pm every Wed & Sun.
EAST BAY FLEA MARKETS
- Alameda Point Antiques and Collectibles Faire – Alameda Point, at the end of Atlantic Ave, Alameda, CA. 510-869-5428. 7am-3pm first Sun every month.
- Antioch Fairgrounds Flea Market – Corner 10th & `L’ Streets. 1201 W. 10th St. 94509. 510-778-6900 or 706-0502. Fridays and Sundays.
- Berkeley Flea Market – 1937 Ashby Ave, Berkeley, CA (at the BART Station). 510-644-0744. 7am-7 pm every Sat & Sun. Saturday & Sunday year round. 7am-7pm.
- Ohlone College Super Flea Market – 43600 Mission Blvd, Fremont, CA. 510-659-6285. 8am-3pm second Sat every month.
- Niles Antique Faire and Flea Market – On Niles Blvd, Fremont, CA. 510-742-9868. Annually, the last Sunday in August.
- Chabot College Flea Market – 25555 Hesperian Blvd, Hayward, CA. 510-723-6918. 8am-4pm third Saturday every month.
- Jack London Square Antiques & Collectibles Market – On the waterfront at Broadway, Oakland, CA. 510-652-5728. First Saturday of the month. 8am-4pm.
- Coliseum Swap Meet – 5401 Coliseum Way, Oakland, CA; (510) 533-1601. 6am-5pm Tues-Fri, 6 am-7pm Sat & Sun.
- Norcal Swap Meet -Laney College (Seventh and Fallon), Oakland, CA; (510) 769-7266. 7am-4 pm Sat & Sun.
- Solano Flea Market – Solano Way and Highway 4, Concord, CA. 925-687-6445. 6:30am-4pm Sat, 5:30am-4pm Sun.
SOUTH BAY FLEA MARKETS
- Flea Market at Campbell Center Shopping Center – 1769 S. Winchester Blvd, Campbell, CA (in Campbell Center). 408-374-1415. 7am to dusk second Sat every month.
- DeAnza College Flea Market – 21250 Stevens Creek Blvd, Cupertino, CA. 408-864-8946. 8am-4pm first Saturday every month.
- Garlic Capitol Flea Market – 7900 Arroyo Circle, Gilroy, CA. 408-829-2569. Every weekend Fri, Sat and Sun. 7am-5pm.
LOS ALTOS HILLS
- Foothill College Flea Market – 12345 El Monte Road, Los Altos Hills, CA. 650-948-6417. 8am-3pm third Saturday every month.
- Downtown Santa Cruz Antique & Collectibles Faire – Corner of Cedar & Lincoln, Santa Cruz, CA. 831-429-8433. 2nd Sunday of every month year round. 9am-4pm. Sponsored by Downtown Association of Santa Cruz. Free parking. Free admission.
- Music Boosters Flea Market – 50 Embarcadero Rd, Palo Alto, CA (High School). 650-324-3532. 9am-3pm second Sat every month.
- Antique and Collectors Show & Sale – Leigh Ave & West San Carlos St, San Jose, CA. (408) 238-9162. 9am-4pm third Sunday every month.
- Capitol Flea Market – Capitol Expressway at Snell Ave, San Jose, CA. 408-225-5800. 6am-5:30(7am-5:30pm Sat)every Thursday-Sunday.
- The Flea Market – 1590 Berryessa Rd, San Jose, CA. 408-453-1110. 7am-5:30pm Wed-Sun every month.
NORTH BAY FLEA MARKETS
- Weinstein’s Outdoor Antique & Collectible Market – Healdsburg Plaza, Healdsburg, CA. 707-578-7772. Occurs 3 days every year on the Sunday’s of Memorial Day weekend, July 4th weekend and Labor Day weekend. Call for dates.
- Napa Flea Market – 303 S Kelly Rd, American Canyon, CA 94503. 707-226-8862. Annually in August, 5am to 5pm.
- Forty and Eight Flea Market – Just off Hwy 12 on Maple Ave, Santa Rosa, CA (on grounds of the Santa Rosa Veterans Memorial Bldg and across from the Sonoma County Fairgrounds). 707-522-9391. One Sunday each month from May through September (call for dates). Averages up to 300 vendors with all kinds of collectibles and garage-sale items.
- Midgley’s Country Flea Market – 2200 Gravenstein Hwy S, Sebastopol, CA. 707.823.7874. Every Saturday & Sunday, year round, 6:30am-4:30pm. Several hundred vendors with antiques & collectibles, new & used merchandise, crafts, fresh produce.
- Jays Flea Market – 1450 E. Monte Vista Ave, Vacaville, CA (by Dennys Diner). 707-447-7219. Occurs several times a year, Call for dates. 8am-4pm.
- Napa-Vallejo Flea Market & Auction – 303 Kelly Rd, off Hwy 29, Vallejo, CA (halfway between Napa and Vallejo). 707-226-8862. Every Sunday, 6am-5pm.
- Shoppers Carnival – Corner of Redwood & Hwy 29, off I-80, Vallejo, CA. 408.247.8114. Every Sat & Sun, 10am-5pm.
PENINSULA FLEA MARKETS
- The Doelger Sr. Center flea market & craft fairs – 145 Lake Merced Blvd, Daly City, CA. 650-991-8086.