Review of San Francisco Tourist Passes, Combo Cards, & Coupon Books.
If you’re visiting the San Francisco Bay Area (or entertaining visitors from out of town), attraction passes and ticket booklets are a frugal way to hit all the local museums and attractions (and the popular tourist traps for first-timers). Here are the most popular San Francisco passes and coupon books.
- San Francisco CityPASS: A favorite choice among locals, this attraction pass booklet offers free tickets to a select group of popular attractions that you can use over a week, Saves you $57 on gate prices and you ca skip most of the lines, too. Here’s what you get: California Academy of Sciences; Aquarium of the Bay; Monterey Bay Aquarium; SF Museum of Modern Art (SFMOMA); Blue & Gold Fleet Bay Cruise Adventure; Exploratorium OR The de Young Museum and Legion of Honor and a Muni & Cable Car 7-Day Passport.
- Go Select San Francisco: Save 20% of more when you choose two or more attractions to visit over a 30-day period. Mobile Passes available (use on your smart phone). Valid for 30 days from first use. Choose your own combination pass from 27 things to do in San Francisco, like Aquarium of the Bay, Exploratorium, California Academy of Sciences, Six Flags, de Young Museum, San Francisco Museum of Modern Art, Legion of Honor, Asian Art Museum, Muir Woods / Sausalito Tour, Golden Gate Bay Cruise, Wine Country Tour, and more.
- San Francisco Explorer Pass: Save up to 51% on admission with this multi-attraction pass that includes admission to 4 San Francisco attractions of your choice for one low price. Choose attractions and tours from 20 options. Valid for 30 days after your first attraction visit.
- Go San Francisco Card: Same company as the Go Select card above, but has different terms. Check both and see which works best for you. Mobile Passes available (use on your smart phone). This card offers one of the best ways to see lots of San Francisco Bay Area attractions at a fraction of the gate price, especially if you’re visiting for the first time and want to see as much as possible over a few days. The card offers up to 40% off at more than 55 popular San Francisco Bay Area attractions. Find it here.
- Pier 39 Attraction Pass: This pass gives you admission to Aquarium of the Bay; Blue & Gold Fleet Bay Cruise; a 1-hour narrated tour aboard an authentic motorized cable car; and the PIER 39 Fun Pack of coupons and discounts for this festival marketplace with more than 110 stores, 14 Bay view restaurants, and a variety of attractions. You can get an extra $9.95 off a PIER 39 Pass when you get it online here or compare prices with a different source here.