Sandy Summer Sounds and Starlight Cinema is a series of free concerts and free movies at Meinig Park in Sandy, Oregon. Featured events include Shakespeare in Park, the Brewgrass Festival, and Wine in the Woods Festival. If you’re in the Savvy Portland area, these fun events are only a short drive away. See the schedule below for the 2014 lineup.
WHAT: Sandy Summer Sounds and Starlight Cinema free events.
WHEN: Concerts, movies, and Shakespeare in the Park take place July and August 2014.
WHERE: Meinig Park - 39250 Pioneer Blvd, Sandy, Oregon (just behind City Hall)
Savvy Tip: In case of rain, concerts will be moved to the Sandy Community Center at 38348 Pioneer Blvd. Movies will still be played in the park, so bring an umbrella if needed.
THEATER IN THE WOODS 2014
- JULY 6 – SHAKESPEARE IN THE PARK (6pm) Antony & Cleopatra
- JULY 20 – WINE IN THE WOODS (5pm – 9pm) wine, food, jazz
- 5:30pm – Boy and Bean (Depression era swing/jazz trio)
- 7pm – Picante (Hot latin and afro-cuban jazz)
- JULY 27 – (6:30pm) St. Even (Lush, lyrical folk)
- AUGUST 3 – (6:30pm) Brady Goss – (honky-tonk piano, vocals)
- AUGUST 10 – (6:30pm) 3 Leg Torso (eclectic chamber band)
DALE NICHOLS MAIN STAGE CONCERTS 2014
- JULY 30 – BREWGRASS FESTIVAL (5pm – 9pm)
- 5pm - Western Spirit (Current roots Americana)
- 7:15pm – Great Northern Planes (bluegrass)
- AUGUST 6 – (6:30pm) Ben Rice & the Illamatics – (Blues)
- AUGUST 13 – (6:30pm) The Aaron Meyer Band – (Rock, violinist, six piece band)
- AUGUST 20 – (6:30pm) Ages and Ages (Indie Rock)
- AUGUST 27 – (6:30pm) On the Rocks (Male a’capella group from UO)
MOVIES IN THE PARK 2014
- AUGUST 2 – Adventures of Milo and Otis (G)
- AUGUST 9 – Despicable Me 2 (PG)
- AUGUST 16 – The Lego Movie (PG)
- AUGUST 23 – Frozen: sing-a-long version (PG)
- AUGUST 30 – The Hunger Games:Catching Fire (PG-13)