San Francisco, Napa, Sonoma Wine Country Tour Deals, Coupons, Special Offers.
Even if you’re not usually a “tour” person, taking an organized tour of Napa Valley or Sonoma Valley makes a lot of sense, and can be just plain fun. You can relax and enjoy your favorite libations with friends surrounded by spectacular scenery and not worry about a thing.
Wine Country tour prices can add up. But don’t worry about that, either. Here’s a round-up wine country tours that include some discount offers of up to half off. Even $10 to $20 off can help reduce a high-class hangover.
For visitors to the area, we especially like the Wine Lover’s Tour, a semi-private tour that takes you deep into California Wine Country where you’ll visit four to six spectacular boutique wineries less frequented by tourists. But the Muir Woods/Wine Country combo tour is a popular choice. Follow the links below for deal details and half price tickets.
The following Napa and Sonoma wine tours are offered by several different sources, each offering something special. Check a few to see which one worls best for you. All the tours pick you up for free at downtown San Francisco hotels or Fisherman’s Wharf.
NAPA / SONOMA WINE COUNTRY TOURS
Best Prices on wine tasting tours:
The first deal source offers a few ways to do Wine Country for around half off, making these the savviest picks.
- Redwoods & Wine Country Escape Tour Discount 50% Off – $52 (reg. $105). This deal combines two of the Bay Area’s most popular trips into one spectacular all-day tour. You’ll go north over the Golden Gate Bridge to the Muir Woods National Monument, then head to Sonoma County to visit three small boutique wineries for tours and complimentary tastings before heading back to the city.
- Wine Lovers’ Wine Country Tour: Customizable Full-Day Trip 50% Off – $67.50 (reg. $135). Visit Napa and Sonoma counties on a full-day, semi-private tour of wine country. Choose from several different destination options. Semi-customizable tour offers visits to four to six wineries. Dates may be limited.
Wine Tasting from daily deal sources:
- Napa Valley – Rutherford Ranch Winery, St. Helena Wine and Chocolate Pairing for 2 or 4 up to 57% Off — from $20 (reg. $45) for 2. Gourmet chocolates flecked with cherry, lemon, toffee, and chili pepper pair with wines produced on a Napa Valley family-owned winery. Expires 120 days after purchase. This is a daily deal, so read the fine print for any restrictions.
- Sonoma Valley – Field Stone Winery Healdsburg Private Winery Tour Package for 2 to 4 up to 51% Off – from $39 (reg. $80) for 2. This 1-hour tour includes samples of award-winning wines, vineyard tour and tasting with cheese plate in underground tasting room. Expires Apr 2nd, 2014. This is a daily deal, so read the fine print for any restrictions.
Still discounted but more dates available:
The following wine country are the deals with the best prices available, but if you find the available dates or details limiting, the following ticket sources also offer a bit of a break on the very same, or similar, Napa/Sonoma wine tours.
- Customizable Wine Country Tour from San Francisco Save 8% – Custom day trip from San Francisco to Napa and Sonoma valleys where you select up to six boutique wineries to visit (we recommend Stags Leap, Rutherford, St. Helena, Glen Ellen). Includes a leisurely lunch stop at one of the wineries.
- Napa and Sonoma Wine Country Tour $10 Off – $75 (reg. $85). Includes full-day trip from San Francisco to Sonoma and Napa Valley wineries, Drive over Golden Gate Bridge for views of the Bay area. Picturesque drive through the Napa Valley and Sonoma vineyard country. Wine tour and tasting at three wineries. Free time for lunch and shopping in Yountville. Pick-up and drop-off from central San Francisco hotels. FREE wireless on board tour vehicle.
- Muir Woods and Wine Country Tour San Francisco Supersaver $32.25 Off – $94.99 (reg. $127.95), wine tasting fees included. Full-day trip to the California wine country and Muir Woods. Explore the giant redwood sequoia trees. Tour boutique Napa and Sonoma wineries. Try 5 to 10 wines at each winery. Pick-up and drop-off from San Francisco hotels.
Wine Tours from our trusted travel partner
These offers are available year round, with many dates available. They’re geared towards people staying in San Francisco or Wine Country hotels, but they’re available for savvy locals, too.
- Extranomical Adventures Wine Lover’s Tour $10 Off — $133 (reg. – $155) along with a choice of other local wine tour discounts. Save tour as Deal 1 but with more dates available.
- Wine Country & Redwoods Tour $6 Off – $93 (reg. $95), Child 11 and younger $55 (reg. $57). With this tour you travel in a small friendly group (15 people max) and enjoy the morning exploring the spectacular Redwood Sequoia trees at Muir Woods (1 hour), then relax in the afternoon while enjoying California cheese tasting and visit three small boutique Sonoma wineries (5-10 delicious wines at each winery).
- Wine Lovers with Alcatraz Tour – $160 (reg. $164); Child 11 and younger $107 (reg. $109). Extreme wine lovers who enjoy a great view will enjoy this tour that takes you to four to six boutique family wineries to sample wines from well-known growing regions like Napa Valley’s Stags Leap, Rutherford, St. Helena, Los Carneros, Glen Ellen and Sonoma Valley. The tour is somewhat flexible. The tour includes a trip to Alcatraz Island by ferry across the bay.
Here’s where you’ll find our recommended Wine Country hotel offers from our highly reliable travel partner. But don’t forget to check the daily deal travel pages for big discounts on Napa and Sonoma Wine Country hotels. Read the fine print for date restrictions. Here are a few going on this week.
- Applewood Inn in Sonoma County Inn near wineries — 48% Off.
- Roman Spa Hot Springs Resort in Calistoga (Napa Valley) — 30% Off.
- Ambrose Bierce House B&B in Saint Helena (Napa Valley) — 47% Off.
- Plus 3 others - and most likely more when you read this. Check them out on the biggest CA DAILY DEAL TRAVEL PAGE around.
MORE WINE COUNTRY TOURS
Our third source offers some creative ways to enjoy Wine Country, including bike tours through the vineyards, tours that include the Napa Valley Wine Train, limousine tours of Wine Country, and even a river rafting wine tour. See for yourself.