San Francisco, Napa, Sonoma Wine Country Tour Discounts.
Even if you’re not usually a “tour” person, taking an organized tour of Napa Valley or Sonoma Valley makes a lot of sense, and can be just plain fun. You can relax and enjoy your favorite libations with friends surrounded by spectacular scenery and not worry about a thing.
Here’s a round-up California wine country tours that include free tastings and discount offers of up to half off to help with potential high-price hangovers. When you’re ready to splurge, you’ll find some more adventurous Wine Country experiences here, too. Follow the links for details directly from the offer sources.
Napa & Sonoma Wine Country Discounts
These Wine Country deals, from different discount sources, offer the best price, but they also come with date restrictions.
- Redwoods & Wine Country Escape Tour Discount 50% Off — $68 (reg. $136). This deal combines two of the Bay Area’s most popular trips into one spectacular all-day tour. You’ll go north over the Golden Gate Bridge to the Muir Woods National Monument, then head to Sonoma County to visit three small boutique wineries for tours and complimentary tastings before heading back to the city. This source asks for free sign-in to access their mostly half price activities.
- Napa Valley – Rutherford Ranch Winery, St. Helena Wine and Chocolate Pairing 50% Off — Gourmet chocolates flecked with cherry, lemon, toffee, and chili pepper pair with wines produced on a Napa Valley family-owned winery. See date restrictions from this daily deal source.
- Sonoma Valley – Vineyard Tour and Wine Tasting at Christopher Creek Winery 50% Off — A private vineyard tour and wine tasting with food pairing, Boutique, hand-crafted varietals served inside a rustic tasting room in Healdsburg. See date restrictions from this daily deal source.
Top Wine Country Tours + Deals
These tours are available year round via our own savvy travel partner, with many dates available. They’re perfect if you’re coming from San Francisco.
- Muir Woods and Wine Country Tour 10% Off — $89.10 – $98.10 (reg. $99 – $109). Spend the morning in the Marin Headlands for a visit to Muir Woods National Monument. Then head to Sonoma Wine Country for a relaxing afternoon of wine tasting. Includes hotel pick-up and drop-off, professional guide, tastings at two wineries.
- Napa / Sonoma Eco Wine Tour by Mini-Coach $10 Off — $119 (reg. $129). Includes San Francisco pick-up and drop-off, a drive over the Golden Gate Bridge and through the Marin Headlands into Napa and Sonoma valleys, narrated guided tour, Benziger Winery Tram Tour ($20 retail value), organic, local picnic lunch, wine tasting at 4-5 unique wineries (some tasting fees may apply).
- Whitewater Rafting & Wine Tasting $10 Off — $199 – $209 (reg. $219 – $229). Whitewater raft the South Fork of the American River in the heart of the California Gold Country and try some local wine. This day tour takes you into the foothills of the Sierra Nevada mountains for an exhilarating day on the water. Then kick back with a delicious barbecue lunch by the river (included), and enjoy some local wine before heading back to San Francisco.
Sonoma Wineries with Free Tastings
If you’re just passing through, stop in for a quick complimentary tasting at one of these Sonoma Valley wineries.
The following Napa and Sonoma wine tours are offered by different sources. Check a few to see which one works best for you. All the tours pick you up for free at downtown San Francisco hotels or Fisherman’s Wharf.
Colagrossi Wines: (Reservations needed) 3360 Coffey Ln, Suite E, Santa Rosa
JW Vineyards & Winery: (Reservations) 4080 Old Redwood Hwy, Santa Rosa
Locals Tasting Room: 21023 A Geyserville Ave, Geyserville
Raymond Burr Vineyards: 8339 West Dry Creek Rd, Geyserville
Route 128 Vineyards & Winery: 21079 Geyserville Ave, Geyserville
Selby Winery: 215 Center Street, Healdsburg
Siduri Wines/Novy Family Winery: 981 Airway Ct, Suites E & F, Santa Rosa
STAYING OVER? Here’s where you’ll find our recommended Wine Country hotel offers from our highly reliable travel partner.
SAVVY TIP: Know any locals? Residents of Napa and Sonoma get deals just for living in wonderful wine country, so give them a call and take them with you when you go. (They often get guest privileges.)