SCOREBIG REVIEW: One of the newest discount ticket sources to enter the market is ScoreBig — a ticket site that works a bit like Priceline but for sports and entertainment tickets. But with ticket deals like these, you might be wondering if ScoreBig is a scam or legit.
We’ve been watching ScoreBig since they entered the marketplace two years ago. We wondered if they would make a good fit for our Savvy Cities readers looking for fun things to do on the cheap.
Turns out, they are very legit and a nice addition to the discount ticket market. Ticket sellers like the bidding model because it keeps the lowest price of their tickets a secret. Buyers like the ScoreBig model because every ticket is below retail, and the customer service is quite good.
Sound too good to be true? Here’s how it really works. First, some seats always go unsold, so offers like this help fill them. Second, in case you were wondering, these are all below the price printed on the tickets. They’re not last minute tickets either, so you can buy well in advance and have a better choice of seats.
And third, the codes provide an even better deal. So yes, we recommend them, with a few caveats. See our likes and dislikes below.
SCOREBIG COUPON CODE: You can use our exclusive ScoreBig coupon code SAVVY40 at checkout for 40% off your purchase of $300 or less. The code is valid for first-time ScoreBig users. The code GUARANTEE that your offer of 40% below box office price will be accepted, even if you lowballed and your bid would have otherwise been rejected. For instance a $100 ticket is guaranteed to go for $60.
10 THINGS WE LIKE ABOUT SCOREBIG
- All ScoreBig Tickets are below box office priced tickets selling for 10% to 60% off.
- Membership is free. And when you use the current promo link and Coupon Code SAVVY40 you get a guaranteed savings of 40% off (for a purchase of up to $300), one time use.
- Bidding is easy. You just pick your price, and every ticket is less than retail.
- They’ll let you know immediately if your bid is accepted or not. And they’ll tell you what other people have saved on similar tickets.
- If you lowball and your bid isn’t accepted, they’ll offer you a counter, but your credit card won’t be charged.
- You don’t have to settle for the cheap seats. All seat sections are represented. You’ll know by the star ratings, from 1 to 6 stars. See 5 or 6 stars? You’ll get great seats.
- Tickets available well in advance so you can plan ahead. Want those popular Cirque du Soleil, Wicked, or Lakers tickets? No problem. Get yours early and snag a deal on great seats.
- No fees, no shipping charges. Ticket delivery is always free, via e-ticket, will-call, or parcel service.
- Choices. Approximately 700,000 tickets are discounted for sports, all types of shows, and even concerts.
- You get great customer service and 100% satisfaction guaranteed. (Yes, real people respond right away.)
5 THINGS WE DISLIKE ABOUT SCOREBIG
- Waiting list for membership. UPDATE: you no longer need to sign up first to look around, and there is no waiting list for membership.
- Although they give you plenty of hints, you won’t know for sure how low tickets will go for. You have to take your chances. (We find it easier and less risky than Priceline, though, because it’s only entertainment, not the family vacation.)
- You have to enter your credit card number before you can bid.
- If your low bid isn’t accepted, you must wait 24 hours to bid again (unless you accept their counter offer).
- Sometimes the tickets are only available in groups of 2, 3, or more. Two is usually no problem. But sometimes you can only buy three tickets at a time. We find this most inconvenient.
Use our SavvyCities / ScoreBig promo link and Promo Code SAVVY40 for a guaranteed 40% off (to use only one time) in any ScoreBig city.