UPDATE: SFMOMA is closing June 2, 2013 until some time in 2016.
The San Francisco Museum of Modern Art (SFMOMA) offers free admission on the first Tuesdays of each month. Four times a year they hold Free Family Sundays. You can also get into the museum for half price on Thursday nights. And we have discount tickets for all other days.
WHAT: The San Francisco Museum of Modern Art (SFMOMA) FREE Days are the First Tuesday of each month. Also see Free Family Days (quarterly, check the SFMOMA schedule for dates); and Family Sundays (kids get in free 1st & 3rd Sundays) family tours and special programs geared to kids.
OTHER WAYS TO SAVE:
- San Francisco CityPASS — A discount card that provides free admission to six Bay Area attractions including SFMOMA. Saves you $57 if you visit all six.
- Go Select San Francisco Card — SFMOMA is one of the options with this card that usually saves you 15% to 30% on each ticket. You have 30 ays to use them both from the time you use the first one. Just print your pass and go.
- Free admission for Active U.S. military (with valid military ID. Includes active U.S. Coast Guard and activated National Guard or Reservists.)
- SFMOMA Thursday evening mixer (6 pm – 8:45 pm) has half-price admission at the door.
WHERE: San Francisco Museum of Modern Art, 151 Third Street (between Mission and Howard Streets) San Francisco CA.
More things to do in San Francisco:
- California Academy of Sciences – free days & discounts
- Long list of Bay Area Attractions w/Free Days & Discounts