Just don’t feel like fighting the crowds at the local Superstore or Shopping mall on Black Friday (the infamous shopping day after Thanksgiving)? Want to do something free with the family but are overwhelmed with the thought of leaving the leftovers? Try these ideas for working off the turkey hangover:
Museums that are FREE on Friday, Nov. 23, 2012:
- Pacific Asia Museum – Pasadena
- Long Beach Museum of Art – Long Beach
- J. Pau1. l Getty Museum – Los Angeles
2. If the weather is fine, outdoor options include a trip to Travel Town in L.A.’s Griffith Park, the Fullerton Arboretum adjacent to Cal State Fullerton, or the Festival of Lights in Riverside.
3. For a few dollars you could go see Circus Vargas in Arcadia or attend the Dixieland Jazz Festival in San Diego.
Whatever your choice, consider turning a family outing into a new tradition, and a great alternative to fighting the consumer frenzy on Black Friday.
~ by SoCal Troy