No holiday lights listing would be complete without San Francisco’s Union Street Fantasy of Lights event (December 6, 2014). The annual Union Street holiday program kicks off a month long celebration of holiday happenings in the city.
Thousands of holiday lights set off the Victorians, transforming Union Street into a magical backdrop for Santa and a team of elves to celebrate along with jugglers, live ponies dressed as reindeer, face painters, balloon artists, costumed characters, singers and live entertainment.
WHAT: The Union Street Fantasy of Lights is free to enjoy.
WHEN: Saturday, December 6, 2014, 3pm to 7pm.
- Decorate a cupcake: 3pm – 5:30pm at Union Street Holiday House (2071 Union Street).
- Santa photos: t the Holiday House until 7pm.
WHERE: Union Street, between Van Ness & Steiner, and Fillmore Street, from Union to Lombard, San Francisco, CA.
SAVVY TIPS: To help you enjoy the experience …
- Get your parking validated by a participating merchant. Parking facilities are located at 2001 Union Plaza Garage, 1910 Union Street Garage (Wells Fargo) and the Lombard Street Garage (enter on Moulton Alley at Webster).
- Donate toys for needy children through the SF Firefighters Toy Program. Drop them in the collection barrels on Union Street at the event and throughout the holiday.
- Horse Drawn Carriage Rides — Hop on and take a ride around to see the sights.