The Vintage Paper Fair offers a fun trip back in time through printed paper collectibles. The event is free in several California cities (March – November 2014) — Walnut Creek, Sacramento, Glendale, San Francisco, and San Jose.
The show features approximately 100 vendors showing off their vintage postcards, photos, valentines, photos, pinup art, posters and other paraphernalia. It’s fun to just browse for free. If you’re in the market, go early for the best pickings.
The West Coast’s Finest Selection of Postcards, Trade Cards, Stereoviews, Photography, Labels, Brochures, Victorian, Transportation & Sports Memorabilia, and All Manner of Curious, Beautiful and Interesting Old Paper!
WHAT: Vintage Paper Fair has FREE admission.
WHEN: The following upcoming shows in 2014 …
- March 9, 2014 — Walnut Creek
- May 3, 2014 — Sacramento
- May 17-18, 2014 — Glendale
- July 26-27, 2014 — San Francisco
- Sept 27-28, 2014 — Glendale
- Nov 15, 2014 — San Jose
WHERE: Here are the locations.
- Walnut Creek Elks Lodge, 1475 Creekside Drive , Walnut Creek, CA.
- Elks Lodge, 6446 Riverside Blvd, Sacramento, CA.
- Hall of Flowers, (County Fair Bldg), Golden Gate Park, 9th & Lincoln, San Francisco, CA.
- San Jose Elks Lodge, 444 West Alma Ave, San Jose, CA.
- Glendale Civic Auditorium, 1401 N. Verdugo Rd, Glendale, CA.
SAVVY TIPS: Bring cash. Negotiate.
CHEAP PARKING: In San Francisco, free street parking is available in Golden Gate Park (if you arrive early). Event organizers say there is always free parking around Stow Lake (see map) about a 10 minute walk to the Hall of Flowers. “The road around the lake is one way. Enter at the south end, go all the way around the lake, past the Boat House and park near the end of road where you can see the pagoda. There’s a path & stairs that go down to Middle Drive.” Or the walk is around 10 minutes from the de Young Museum parking garage.