A walk in Sonoma vineyards – free and fabulous.
Did you know you can take a stroll through the vines at several Sonoma wineries? These complimentary self-guided vineyard tours are about a mile long and are appropriate for all ages.
Along the way, you can find out what goes on in a vineyard during the year and learn about sustainable farming practices. Hand-outs are available to guide you along marked paths and point out items of interest, such as wine making equipment and crush pads. The walking tours will lead you to the tasting room where you can indulge in a wine tasting for only $5, or for free at Mauritson. In time, other wineries may join the Sonoma Vineyard Adventures program, initiated by the Sonoma County Winegrape Commission.
WHAT: Free self-guided vineyard tours. Follow the link to find out more.
WHEN: Check with the winery for specifics.
WHERE: Currently free tours are listed for the following (but check before you head out):
- Schug Carneros Estate (Carneros)
- Landmark Vineyards (Sonoma Valley)
- Matanzas Creek Winery (Bennett Valley)
- Paradise Ridge Winery (Russian River Valley)
- Balletto Vineyards (Russian River Valley)
- Mauritson Winery (Dry Creek Valley)
- Stryker Sonoma Winery (Alexander Valley)
- Francis Ford Coppola (Alexander Valley)
ALSO SEE: Discounts on fun things to do in Napa Valley and Sonoma Valley.
- Napa and Sonoma Tour Deals: Discount
- Somona Valley Russian River by Inflatable Canoe: Discount
- Napa Valley Bike Tour: Discount
- Napa / Sonoma Wine Tasting with Daily Deals
- Wine Country Hot Air Balloon: Discounts