The Yerba Buena Center for the Arts (YBCA), located in San Francisco’s Yerba Buena Gardens, features cutting edge visual art displays, a regular schedule of interesting performing arts and films, and year-round programs in two centrally located buildings.
You’ll find plenty of fun events to splurge on, but YBCA also offers lots of fun for free and cheap. The venue offers monthly free admission on the first Tuesday of every month. Plus students, teachers and seniors get a break on admission. Also, if you’re visiting YBCA for one of their many amazing events, you can use your ticket to visit the galleries that day free. Check it out below.
TICKETS: Yerba Buena Center for the Arts — Get Tickets in advance and save time.
Adult $7 (reg. $10)
Senior/Students/Teachers $5 (reg. $8)
Child (ages 6-18) $5 — age 5 and younger Free
FREE DAY: Free admission days are the first Tuesdays of every month.
OTHER WAYS TO SAVE:
- Go Select San Francisco Card gets you the best deal now for Six Flags Discovery Kingdom (usually at least 20% off) when you select two or more activities or attractions. Play with the choices on their site to see your savings.
- Get a $2 discount on gallery admission with a valid public transportation pass or transfer.
- Go San Francisco Card – This discount card provides free admission to 55+ Bay Area attractions including YBCA.
- Free same-day gallery admission with the purchase of a film or performance ticket.
- Student Rush Tickets $10 student rush tickets* available for YBCA Performances. (Pending availability. One hour before curtain, cash only, student I.D. required.)
- Yerba Buena Center for the Arts — With your purchased ticket to a film or performance at YBCA during regular gallery hours, you can also visit the galleries is FREE on the same day.
WHEN: Open Wed 12-6pm; Thu-Sat: 12-8pm; Sun 12-6pm; First Tuesdays 12-8pm (free admission); Closed Mondays and major holidays. Holiday Gallery Hours: Wed, Dec 24 & Wed, Dec 31, Noon – 4pm. Closed Christmas & New Year’s Day.
WHERE: Yerba Buena Center for the Arts Grand Lobby, 701 Mission Street, San Francisco, CA 94103.